RE: Tractorless

/ RE: Tractorless #1  

2thdoc

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 318 and NH TC33D SS
RE: Tractorless

I have been receiving via email some feedback regarding the post I made a few days ago and would like to state the following:

In retrospect, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the specific brand of my tractor. Maybe I just got a bad one, maybe it was poorly prepared, perhaps I over worked it. I used the implements the dealer sold me with the tractor, and I would expect that it should be able to handle them. I had hoped that I bought a tractor that would do what I needed it to do at a considerable savings over one from the big three, albeit, without all the creature comforts. However, such was not the case. I think competition is good; the little Chinese tractor has the potential to compete with a tractor from the big three if people have a good experience with them. Believe me, I would have loved to have gone on the compact tractor boards and told how great my Chinese tractor was, if indeed it were so; in my case, and perhaps mine alone, it wasn't.

/ RE: Tractorless #2  
I read this, then re-read the original thread. You have nothing to apologize for. I hope none of the email coming your way was of the "flame" variety. I didn't see anything wrong with what you said - it's what happened to you. We all love to know how the other machines out there are working... it's the only way to get info on how the units really are, as opposed to how the dealer wants us to feel about them.
You also seemed to have worked within its supposed range of capabilities. Even if you'd overworked, you would have at most shortened it lifespan, not destroyed it in no time.

Keep the posts coming, man. Don't get discouraged.

/ RE: Tractorless #3  
There was nothing wrong with mentioning true experiences or the brand. Will miss your posts at CTOA.

/ RE: Tractorless #4  
2thdoc, you have to tell the negative in addition to the positive about all tractors. If I sell you a tractor that is $4,000 cheaper and breaks, that's no deal at all. Where is the rule that says because it is a grey market tractor you are supposed to accept poor performance. The only acceptable difference in the grey market I would be willing to accept is fit and finish. Believe me, there are things about New Hollands I hate (I've broken the mounting shafts on two "deluxe" joysticks and finally gave up and made my own fix.)

...and don't think I haven't noticed that my username is but one letter off from the name of a Chinese tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ RE: Tractorless #5  
MIKE : TELL it like it is! thats what most of us on this site want to hear. the good the bad and the ugly, NO MATTER THE NAMEBRAND.

/ RE: Tractorless #6  
To do anything less than what you did would undermine the purpose of visiting this board.

I wonder why these people chose to e-mail you and not post under the original thread./w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

Keep it real.

/ RE: Tractorless #7  
You had an excellent post about a bad experience. <font color=blue>Keep up the good work!</font color=blue>

TBone

/ RE: Tractorless #8  
I'm glad you shared your past experiences with us, I was leaning toward some other machines when I first started looking but now I'm really glad that I made the right choice for me. Keep those reports coming

/ RE: Tractorless #9  
Did you post your experience on John's survey? If that was your post, you seem to be the only person listed that bought a tractor form that dealer. Hmmmm...

/ RE: Tractorless
Yes, that was my post. The people who I bought my tractor from said that they have sold several of them and that they just haven't had many major problems out of them except for mine. I hope for anyone else who may have bought one that's true.