*****KUB3010 vs JD4300****

/ *****KUB3010 vs JD4300**** #1  

estamas142

Well, I finally test drove the JD 4310 and it is quite a package. I was very close to buying the Kub 3010, also very nice...but now I am not sure. The HST pedals on the JD work very smooth...not anything like the old 4300 hst. Aslo JD 4310 have many more new features than on the 3010.

The reliability issue bothers me a little...but the new 10 series seems to have adressed these issues.

One other note the JD 4410 comes standard with 4WD (it is optional on the 4310) so the difference in price between the 4310 and 4410 is very little and you get 2 more HP.

I still could go either way and would appreciate it if anyone else is in the same boat and other thoughts before I make my decision.

/ *****KUB3010 vs JD4300**** #2  
Tough choice! I nearly bought a JD 4300 back in my shopping days, but the quality issues with the early units scared me away and I ended up with a Kubota L3010 that I'm extremely satisfied with. That said, Deere stood behind their product and I've got to believe they learned some lessons in quality management from the 4x00 series.

The usual disclaimers apply here (dealers being equal, etc), but both brands have loyal and very happy customers. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Pete

/ *****KUB3010 vs JD4300****
Thanks...I agree it is a win-win situation. I think anyone thinking about this choice should drive each one and decide based on dealer and comfort.

Does anyone use loader and rear scraper hook up for snow removal...local dealer in western MA is recomending this set up. I am also thinking of blade to use with loader. Any advice?

/ *****KUB3010 vs JD4300**** #4  
Normally we get a LOT of snow here; this has been a very mellow winter here in Northern Vermont. I use a rear blade for my driveways and 1/4 mile of road. The loader only comes into play when I have to move big piles of white stuff back to make room for more.

Pete

/ *****KUB3010 vs JD4300**** #5  
Yea, my rig is sure a lot smaller, but that's the configuration that I use, going forward. The bucket grabs what i'd otherwise drive over, and what spills out I get with the rear blade, usually angled. Works great the few times i've had to use it. No snow to move at ALL this year, and only 4 or 5 times last winter, right after delivery. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

/ *****KUB3010 vs JD4300**** #6  
Estamas,

I also looked at the 4300 vs the 3010 hst. I was able to get an L3410 HSt with R4's, folding ROPS, loader and filled tires for less than the two local (and snooty) JD dealer were willing to sell me the 4300 hst with 420 loader, cheapest Ags, not loaded, fixed ROPS and me transporting it home.

Hmm, more tractor, less price, better dealer, no "snooty attitude" hmm. Pretty easy for me to make that decision! The 4300 was my 1st choice prior to visiting the dealers. If the dealer performances had been swapped, I would have a green tractor in my signature. (or maybe Blue, but we don't have a stocking dealer close.)

I really feel that Dealer performance is as important as the operation of the tractor and the price. You only pay for a tractor once, but you will see and work with the dealer for years and years.

John Bud