Looked and finally bought

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Looked and finally bought #1  

pholt

Banned
I have lived on a farm my whole life, so of course I was on one side of the fence and our side was "red". My dad has owned so many Massey Ferguson and Case Tractors, so I grew up with quality. John Deere is good also, but they are proud of it. And John Deere is not what they were 40 yeras ago, so dont start that. Anyway I personally think the Perkins Diesel is the best diesel made, I am a cummins guy but they cant hold a stick to a perkins. WE have 3 with 9000 hours on original engines.

My main point, I own a landscape and custom mowing company. I bought a 2001 Agricat to do finish mowing jobs, our current tractors are all 90 H.P and above and are too big. The Agricat though crude was a great VERY powerfull and VERY VERY VERY fuel efficient machine, but it would not pull a 16' Tri-Plex mower I bought, it would but it was hard.

So I took on the task of finding the "right" tractor. I went and drove EVERYTHING and I told all of them I did not want to know the price. I drove the (Kubota, Montana, Mahindra, Tym, Massey, NH, John Deer) all in the 45 h.p range, cab and 4x4. Long story short.

John Deere Nice, but too small, and did not like the hydro.
New Holland (deluxe) Super nice, very small, floor was not flat, did not like hydro, tons of bells though.SUPER SMALL, Cab made me feel captive.
Kubota, very nice Liked most everything but noisy engine, and lack of standard options.
Mahindra drove 50 h.p cummins this was the nicest of ALL of the tractors, it was smooth as silk and the control setup was John Deere like on one side and very very nice. But more expensive and much heavier.
Montana, crude in design, lacked the estetics of the others, fit and finish was not as good and layout was not as good. Did not fit the driver well.
Massey: Nice great motor though not Perkins, Did not like A/C power and lack of remotes. Did not like driver fit.
Tym: Did not like Noisey Kubota, though the cab was laid out nice, had a flat floor, GREAT A/C, controls were not on one side, but were very usable, came with GREAT Humpeloc front end loader, 3 sets of remotes, stereo, R4's and a 5 year warranty.

Anyway you can see which tractor I chose, I was VERY suprised, after I decided on the TYM I actually went back and drove the other again. The TYM is by far a better machine for the MONEY. The New Holland (deluxe) is a SUPER nice machine, so is the deere, but the TYM was almost 5k cheaper with a better warranty, better engine and better stats. I bought my 451 and I am 100% pleased, the A/C is important to me since I am in Oklahoma and they say it will freeze you out of the cab, so we will see. It is a nice machine and I bought a 07 and it is a LOT nicer than the 06 models. The other manufactures here in the "US" better step up.

Just wanted to share my 3 month search from a un-biased customer. Please ignore the spelling and typo's.

PS, my 02 Agricat 35 h.p 4x4 was a AWSOME very crude but AWSOME little work horse, well worth every dime I paid

Status
Not open for further replies.