Which would you chose?

/ Which would you chose? #1  

Builder

East PA or 750 mi. east of a short man named Dar__
Tractor
Kubota, AGCO, New Holland LB
I need a 50Hp for a 7' landscape rake, a 7' bushog and maybe some snowplowing. The 2 Kubotas are the nicest. The JD seems like the toughest or "hardest", but it's older & more beat up inside. The Case looks real nice inside and it's already set up for a front mounted power angle snowplow. The other 3 have loader arms with Q/A for a snowplow, but will require valves in the cab. I like the 4610 b/c it has R-4 tires, which is what I wanted, but I don't know how tough an "L" is.
I don't really need a loader b/c I have a backhoe, so the CASE would be OK without a loader.

KUBOTA M4900 For Sale at TractorHouse.com

2000 CASE IH CX50 For Sale at TractorHouse.com

KUBOTA L4610HST For Sale at TractorHouse.com

JOHN DEERE 5300 For Sale at TractorHouse.com

/ Which would you chose? #4  
I'd go for the Kubota or Deere in Manchester, MD as that's closest to you. The others are too far (depending on where you are in PA). Shipping costs, even if you pick the tractor up, could be considerable at $3/gallon.

Personally, I'd probably go for the Deere first, but I am kinda a Deere guy. Since you don't need another loader, you could always sell the Deere's loader for a couple, three thousand.
However, the Kubota has considerably less hours and is cheaper (then the Deere). However, the Kubota is HST which is not something I'd want.

I don't know how tough those big Kubota's are either, so that's an unknown.

I'd make the decision on the dealer's lot.

/ Which would you chose?
RoyJackson said:
I'd go for the Kubota or Deere in Manchester, MD as that's closest to you. The others are too far (depending on where you are in PA). Shipping costs, even if you pick the tractor up, could be considerable at $3/gallon.

Personally, I'd probably go for the Deere first, but I am kinda a Deere guy. Since you don't need another loader, you could always sell the Deere's loader for a couple, three thousand.
However, the Kubota has considerably less hours and is cheaper (then the Deere). However, the Kubota is HST which is not something I'd want.

I don't know how tough those big Kubota's are either, so that's an unknown.

I'd make the decision on the dealer's lot.

I'm thinking along the same lines, Roy. I like to be able to buy within 100 miles so I can at least go have a look at the thing. I like the M4900 the best and it's super clean and loaded, but that's why it's the most expensive. It's perfect for my needs. The seller of the Deere 5300 sent me more pictures and it looks rough inside. Definately a crude cab at best. I still have to think the Deere is twice the tractor of either Kubota. Looks like it weighs a lot more.

/ Which would you chose? #6  
Looks like you are comparing 2 small utilities with two cuts. The M4900 looks the best if you need the bigger tractor! Personally I wouldn't even consider the Case as it's only 40 horse compared to the others and doesn't have a loader, assuming the add is correct stating 40 hp. Maybe if was 2-3K less. The M4900 may be the most money but it's low hours and super clean looking compared to the Deere. If you don't need that big of a tractor then the L4610 is low hours as well. Good luck with your decision!

CR

/ Which would you chose?
Croomrider said:
Looks like you are comparing 2 small utilities with two cuts. The M4900 looks the best if you need the bigger tractor! Personally I wouldn't even consider the Case as it's only 40 horse compared to the others and doesn't have a loader, assuming the add is correct stating 40 hp. Maybe if was 2-3K less. The M4900 may be the most money but it's low hours and super clean looking compared to the Deere. If you don't need that big of a tractor then the L4610 is low hours as well. Good luck with your decision!

CR

I should have mentioned the Case CX50 is actually 50HP. It's a typo.

I think they mean 40 drawbar or PTO HP. They're all between 46-52HP.

The thing about the L4610 is that it's relatively local (no transportation fees except fuel for my truck), low hours (310), in my budget (under 20 grand) and in the least need of modifications (has the R-4's on it already). Can't really go wrong with Kubota.

The only thing is I think the L's are not near the tractor that the M's are.

/ Which would you chose? #10  
ArtVandelay said:
Kubota > Deere

Art, why would you write something like that?
Ever operated a Deere, other then a test drive on the Dealer's lot? Or any other tractor, for that matter?

Last edited: