Time is an issue now. Need help!!

/ Time is an issue now. Need help!! #1  

M31

Did lots of researhes in one month, Test drive JD3320(no 990 onsite), MF 1540, KB L4400, NH TC40A, best feeling is MF 1540 with 12x12 trans with FEL. But all the local deals want to charge $2000 more than the South States. I am in NY. And all of them did not intend to change the numbers
Now the time is up to make decision, finally a dealer from 60miles away give a reasonable quota on Kioti DK40SE 12x12 trans with FEL and grill guard, $18900, free shipping.that is $4000 less than the local MF dealer quota on MF 1540.
Plus Kioti has one year more warranty on powertrain and 10% down payment less on 36m0% finance. I am not familiar with the brand but look the reviews here seems quality is not bad at all. The only thing I don't like is the weight 4200lb, 1000lb more than above 4 models, if pull a two bottom plow or a 6' tiller even worse. I am not not 100% it is OK on my 16 arces well drain muck land or not, have to make decision in couple days, need help!!! Thanks first.

/ Time is an issue now. Need help!! #2  
You're right - the MF is a very nice machine - I looked at the smaller ones and liked the way they test drove, but ended up buying Korean for the same reason you're looking at the Kioti. 1000 pounds is a lot of mass if you're trying to float on soft ground -- but it also tranlates to a lot of traction when working on dry ground, like plowing snow or grading the driveway. Part of the attraction with my Centry (Branson) was the fact that it weighed so much more than the competition for just these reasons, and while I have got it "stuck" in my bottom land (espeially after a 5" rain!), I have yet to get it stuck enough that I require help to get myself out of the bad spot. (although a "comealong" gets awful tempting to buy)
My best advice is to test drive the machine in question to see if it's comfortable, because $4000 is not enough difference if you're uncomfortable in the seat - then if you still like it, put this question up on the Kioti thread and see what suggestions the guys who actully drive them have for you.

Sorry this is not a better answer - good luck!

/ Time is an issue now. Need help!!
Thanks for the each word you input here, Erik. I posted in Kioti thread. Looks they are all very happy with their working horses, no time to answer my question now.:) :)
Erik_in_Hoyt said:
You're right - the MF is a very nice machine - I looked at the smaller ones and liked the way they test drove, but ended up buying Korean for the same reason you're looking at the Kioti. 1000 pounds is a lot of mass if you're trying to float on soft ground -- but it also tranlates to a lot of traction when working on dry ground, like plowing snow or grading the driveway. Part of the attraction with my Centry (Branson) was the fact that it weighed so much more than the competition for just these reasons, and while I have got it "stuck" in my bottom land (espeially after a 5" rain!), I have yet to get it stuck enough that I require help to get myself out of the bad spot. (although a "comealong" gets awful tempting to buy)
My best advice is to test drive the machine in question to see if it's comfortable, because $4000 is not enough difference if you're uncomfortable in the seat - then if you still like it, put this question up on the Kioti thread and see what suggestions the guys who actully drive them have for you.

Sorry this is not a better answer - good luck!

/ Time is an issue now. Need help!! #4  
no worries - good luck with the new toy - whichever way you end up going!

/ Time is an issue now. Need help!! #5  
Have you check to see what a tractor and freight would be from a southern state?

/ Time is an issue now. Need help!!
Yes, I did call an OK dealer. MF 1540 is $1800 less than local, but just or even cannot cover the shipping cost.:(

Another dummy question, can I use R4 front tires and R1 rear tires together in my situation?? the DK40SE I am looking, the front R1 only 8"(8-16/6) and R4 is 10"(10x16.5/6) wide. And change front tires sounds little easier because FEL can lift.

JerryG said:
Have you check to see what a tractor and freight would be from a southern state?

Last edited:
   / Time is an issue now. Need help!! #7  
I have the CK25 gear, TLB. Love it so far at only 150 hours. Quite the beast for ground engaging work. You won't be disatisfied with Kioti if the dealer is good, and I think $4K is a lot of difference!

/ Time is an issue now. Need help!! #8  
I bought a DK35 almost 2 years ago. I have 510 hours on it now and it has been a flawless machine. I had only one issue, the nut that is welded to the seat bottom broke loose, dealer replaced the seat without questions. It is an excellent machine and I would recommend the brand to anyone.

/ Time is an issue now. Need help!! #9  
... "can I use R4 front tires and R1 rear tires together in my situation?? the DK40SE I am looking, the front R1 only 8"(8-16/6) and R4 is 10"(10x16.5/6) wide. And change front tires sounds little easier because FEL can lift."[/QUOTE]

M31:

I believe that you will damage your MFWD if you use R-1's and R-4's simultaneously (different circumferences). MFWD tractors are specifically geared for compatible tires.

Tractor and attachment costs appear to be much higher in the Northeast :(.

Jay

/ Time is an issue now. Need help!! #10  
I can't say enough good things about my Kioti. I bought it almost 2 years ago and have 230 hours with no problems to date.

With that extra 1000lbs of weight on the Kioti, you also get higher lift capacities and more standard features.

Have you looked at the Kioti DK45S, for a little more weight and money you get more hp and higher lift capacities.

Have fun shopping!