64 Ford 801

/ 64 Ford 801 #11  
Some of us old members prefer the 'classic' view... Kinda like old tractors.. I guess..

Soundguy

/ 64 Ford 801 #12  
Soundguy said:
Some of us old members prefer the 'classic' view... Kinda like old tractors.. I guess..

Soundguy

It does feel more natural. But Microsoft has taught me that un-natural and painful is the price of progress....

jb

/ 64 Ford 801 #13  
Speaking of microsloth.. I fear the day when i have to buy a new PC.. and get 'vista'.. XP.. I actually like.. but vista has more bugs than documented features..

soundguy

/ 64 Ford 801 #14  
Soundguy said:
Speaking of microsloth.. I fear the day when i have to buy a new PC.. and get 'vista'.. XP.. I actually like.. but vista has more bugs than documented features..

soundguy

I've got a laptop with Vista on it. It seems to run very slow, and I have 2GB of Ram on that rascal. I have used a couple of Vista machines that came with the min of required RAM and they are super slow.

Like you, I like XP.

BTW, back to the subject at hand. That is a decent price for the 801 in this area. I've seen them a little cheaper, and seen them a lot higher. Ford sell well in this area though, as they were well suited for the terrain. The low center of gravity added stability became popular at a time when a lot of the competition had tall tractors with tricycle front ends.

/ 64 Ford 801 #15  
Yeah, the price of old iron is going up. When you tell someone to close their eyes and think "tractor" many folks will be seeing a ford. 8N or hundred series. They may not even know it is a ford, but so many were sold and used for so long they are part of the fabric of the country. I think that's why people that move out the the "country" on 5 acre "estates" are buying them. Well, that and they were designed for the single person small acreage operation and are just slightly less reliable than an anvil. So there are many still available to buy and they do what is needed.

(apologies to our JD, Case, Allis and IH friends!)

jb