Auction results

/ Auction results #1  

D7E

Veteran Member
Tractor
Versatile 895 Versatile 876 Ford TW20 Ford TW5 MF 3505 FWA MF 390 FWA Ford 7600 Fiat 766 FWA JD 2030 MF 165 MF 35 Fordson major x 3 CAT 416 b Backhoe Case 580 b backhoe MF
For anyone interested in older tractors ,
Went to a smaller farm auction today Near winnipeg .

Ferguson TE20 , new rear tires beautiful condition but some idiot had painted it blue ? $1'400
MF 35 4cyl gas , looked good would not start without ether $1600.
JD 2130 with loader , 4800 hours ,One rear and one front tyre shot , Hinicker cab , Beautiful cond $10'500 "WOW" too much
Two old 6 cyl molines , 1 gas ,1 diesel , Rough ugly but ran nice . $ $1"100 and $1'600.

/ Auction results #2  
Morning D7E.
Yup,we also have equipment auction down here,every now and than a honey of a older two wheel drive comes rolling in...4wd tractor very seldom.

If one has sharp eye,one could leave auction w/nice tractor along w/attachments,and still have enough coins left to take the Mrs. out on the town that evening. :)

/ Auction results #3  
I don't remember the models or prices, but just that it seemed equipment was selling allot higher at the auctions I've been to compared to what I've been able to find through the classifieds. Same thing with Ebay. Prices seem to have been creeping up there quite a bit. Craigslist has had some great deals on it, but you got to check it every day.

Eddie

/ Auction results #4  
No kidding, auctions make people stupid. Two old ford tractors went for over 1000 each. Neither was complete, one had no head and the block was rusted tight. Many many missing parts. They looked like scrap iron to me, and i love old ford tractors!

jb

/ Auction results #5  
john_bud said:
No kidding, auctions make people stupid. Two old ford tractors went for over 1000 each. Neither was complete, one had no head and the block was rusted tight. Many many missing parts. They looked like scrap iron to me, and i love old ford tractors!

jb

I've detailed a list of instructions with my wife and children in the event anything should happen to me. It involves hiring a good auctioneer. I LOVE going to auctions, except for one thing. I'm absolutely convinced I could sell everything I own and make FAR more than I could ever hope to make working with it. Sort of demoralizing in a way.

/ Auction results #6  
The prices paid at auction depend on two things:

The auctioneer can make a world of difference in how much people will pay for something. A good one can convince you that you need to buy that old farm tire with a 6" hole in it as a collectible bit of agricultural memoribilia and a bad one couldn't sell dollar bills for a dime apiece.

The second thing that will drive prices up is having two prideful people who want the same thing. I saw someone pay $35 for a plastic rifle case yesterday when the same thing is available at most any sporting goods store for $20. Mostly, the guy was determined the other fellow wasn't going to outbid him.

/ Auction results #7  
daTeacha said:

The auctioneer can make a world of difference in how much people will pay for something. A good one can convince you that you need to buy that old farm tire with a 6" hole in it as a collectible bit of agricultural memoribilia and a bad one couldn't sell dollar bills for a dime apiece.

The second thing that will drive prices up is having two prideful people who want the same thing. I saw someone pay $35 for a plastic rifle case yesterday when the same thing is available at most any sporting goods store for $20. Mostly, the guy was determined the other fellow wasn't going to outbid him.

Truer words were never spoken.

I am a licensed auctioneer here in Tennessee. Cried my first sale way back in 1971. I can tell you stories that you wouldn't beleive. When I first started in the business I did sales 5 nights a week. Sold horses 2 nights, and just odds and ends 3 nights a week. I was cocky back then and fairly good if i say so myself. I would bet the other auctioneer at one of the sales I worked at I could go to a 5 and 10 cent store and buy something and sell it at auction and make money on it. I wasn't allowed to run the bids, which actually is illegal in my state and I think many others as well. It had to be a honest auction.

I remember buying a cranbury colored pitcher and 4 glasses. I paid under $10.00 for the set. I sold them for over $40.00. I never told a lie about them. All I said was they look like cranbury glass, which they did, and I didn't know how old they were.

Folks come to sales to steal things but often pay more than retail.

I sold a JD 4020 which was 1 year old. The farmer had sold his farm and was selling everything at auction. We sold over $100,000 in cattle and macherinery. He was concerned about the 4020. He told me he just paid $7800 for it the past year. Well Tractors were had to find in the erarly 70's. The tractor sold for $11,750. Two men just had to have that tractor.

Thanks for making me remember.

Don

/ Auction results
daTeacha said:

Absoluteley right on the auctioneer thing,And on this sale a 3pt disk harrow made $10 less than a new one ? Are people mad ,I've got a yard full of this stuff i'll sell for virtaully nothing?
This auctioneer is not particularily liked .More of a estate/Home auctioneer , Not furious enough for the big stuff ,Not getting a crowd motivated and leaving silent gaps ,Concentrating on getting $1 far a glass bowl than $5'000 for a tractor a lot of buyers get pi@#$d off and leave before the good stuff .
But little tractors like this always sell to acreage or people with big gardens (Ex city people moved to the country) and "Gotta buy a tractor" You see a lot of glum faces when they try to drive em away , Thats where i come in , Relieve somebody of a bad purchase (cheap) fix it up , put it on the end of my driveway and it will be gone in a couple of days "Made a living out of it " ?

/ Auction results #9  
daTeacha said:
The auctioneer can make a world of difference in how much people will pay for something.

Sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do. I bought 5 lamps two weeks ago for a buck just to keep thing moving along. :)