Sold my L35...now what? L48 or JD110

/ Sold my L35...now what? L48 or JD110
Mark_in_NH
Yep thats right.....this site is just about the only place you can get to see(and the picture Deere supplied does the 110 NO justice!) and read about the 110 ,unless you go to a dealer and even then good luck getting lit.Thats what brought this site to my attention,went to a search engine looking for 110 info and this was the only site listed,and once I got here I couldn't believe how informative and well laid out this site was,and I never left,this place kicks a$$!!

Rat,
I know, I have some time on a 48 and the hydro is totally new to me also but once I got familar with it I couldn't believe how smooth and fast it was,so I'm very curious as to how the 110 will do and it just makes a decision that much harder!!

/ Sold my L35...now what? L48 or JD110 #13  
Tags, I hear you there, I to enjoy reading the postings alot. I am embarased to say that I apparently registered with the TBN almost a year ago when I bought my tractor but never posted anything. And then got SO side tracked that I forgot that I was already registered, so I went and registered again about a week ago. I had to have Muhammad remove the first one. as well as a third one that I messed up on. Thank you Muhammad !! I have also spent quite a bit of time over to the CTB, but have not posted anything there in a long time.
The JD 110 is a sharp looking machine, it would be nice to find out more about it. I have to call my local JD dealer today and inquire about a used JD deluxe canopy he found for me for $375, I will mention the 110 to him out of courosity.

/ Sold my L35...now what? L48 or JD110 #14  
Well my inquiry to my local John deere dealer on the 110 turned up what I am sure you guys already knew it would. They had no real information on it, other than the brochures SHOULD be in around mid April.

This may not apply to many of you but just thought I'd pass it on...the dealer that has the 110 in Connecticut is Stanton equipment and they are in Cannan,CT.They are having a farm/equipment show in that area and the 110 will be there,just wanted to let you guys know if anybody in the CT area was interested.

I got my 4th price on the 110 late Friday and it was a bit higher than I had expected,but it is the dealer I really wanted to work with,so on Monday,the game begins, I'll find out if they really want to sell me one of these babies for a little less if not, I'll have to go w/a dealer that is about an hour away instead of a half hour away...but both are very reputable so I'm not really missing out either way.

I had a chance today to run a 110,and wow,what a smooth runnin'machine! I spent the better part of an hour putting the machine through the motions,the dealer who had it is right next to a contractors yard,so we took it over to see what she would do .....and she did!The guys yard had several piles of fill,ranging from very clean to very rocky.The first thing you notice on this machine is that it has the best view of the bucket from the operators seat of any machine I've ever sat on,another thing that caught my attention was how silky smooth the hst pedals were,just mash and go,very smoooooth,this feeling did not change,even when putting a heavy strain on it.The machine has plenty of loader power,no problem filling the bucket,allthough I did notice that with a very heaped bucket raised high in the air,it felt a bit tipsey,not dangerous,but I would look into loading the rear tires,even in the rockier fill piles the thing just wated to dig,very good traction.The movements of the loader are very smooth and fast,and the mechanical self leveling worked well,backblading and curling the bucket down under pressure worked well also.Next....the hoe.....this machine uses a flip over seat opposed to a swivel,when you flip the seat there is room to step through to get back to the seat, instead of getting off and walking around,the swivel is definetly nicer,but I could be very happy with the flip.When you sit back down you immediately notice that you are sitting up nice and high,and again,the visibility of your work area is fantastic.The hoe has a very nice transport lock that is engaged/disengaged w/a lever,right from the seat.This was the smoothest compact hoe I've ever run,you can do multiple functions at one time without any noticeable slowdown or jerkyness and you can be very quick w/ the levers and the response is allways smooth and predictable.the hoe digs very well and has good power and good bucket rotation.To sum the whole machine up,I would have to say that it is as close as you can get to a full size TLB in a compact......and I put an order in for one today!

/ Sold my L35...now what? L48 or JD110 #17  
Tags,
CONGRADULATIONS!!! How long before the new tractor will be in. Sounds like you were very impressed with how it worked and thank you for the first hand report.

Were you able to try or get a good look at the backhoe attachment system? How about the 3pt arms and links? I am sure they have to be removed, like the Kubota’s when the backhoe is attached. What did you think of the tractor creep feature from the backhoe seat? Is it a 3 range transmission system?

Can’t wait to see one.

MarkV

Mark,
I did get a good look at the mounting of the hoe,it uses 2 pins up top,you lower the hoe to the ground apply pressure,and wala,pull the safety clips and the pins slide right out,now raise the hoe and it "falls away" from the machine,put down the stabilizers to lift it out of the mounts,turn it off and disconnect the lines,and it can all be done from the seat.It is all most identical to the L35& L48 but you don't have levers,just pins.Yes, you do have to remove the 3 point hitch "gear" when the hoe is attached and that creep feature is about the darn coolest thing I've seen on a machine yet,not having to turn around to move the machine forward or backward is so much more efficient,and yes it is a 3 range tranny.The salesman told me that the machine is expected in about 4 weeks,but said he would have a definite date by Friday.About the only thing I am not impressed with is Deere's financing rate on this unit.....my salesman left me a message today saying that the rate on it is going to be 8.9% for a max of 4 years....that sucks!! I didn't get to talk to him about it but I want to know if there is a difference in the rate if I buy it residentially or commercially,I'll find out tomorrow or Friday I guess.That is really the biggest downfall,because the Kubota rate is 5.4%(i think) for 5 years, but we'll see.

/ Sold my L35...now what? L48 or JD110 #19  
Chris, let us know how she rips when you get it. I have a feeling they won't be around my neck of the woods for a long time. I don't have a hoe on my L48 Kubota so being able to compare hoes would be tough. I know several construction folks who have L48's that had L35's prior and both said the L48's hoe is considerably more powerful then the L35. I now have almost 100 hours on my L48. It has been such an incredible pleasure to use. Compared to my International it is so much quieter, doesn't hardly have a smell of diesel fumes to it and the power steering is so superior to the International which at one time I thought was great. One thing I am still puzzled about is the folks who complain about HST whine on their tractors. I hear none, nada, zip, zero regardless of the gear or RPM. In high, I hear the big ol planetary gears on the L48's rear end to a slight extent but thats it. Look forward to hearing about the JD, but don't hold your breath, it will take time, Rat...

Rat,
I've logged some time on an L48 and was very impressed w/the hoe, compared to the L35 there is no comparison.Also w/the hydro,it is very new to me,I have to get out of the habit of reaching for the shuttle shift on this setup,I also did not notice any whine on the 48 or the 110 for that matter.I know it will take time to get it,but it should be worth the wait.