Sold my L35...now what? L48 or JD110

/ Sold my L35...now what? L48 or JD110 #1  

Tags

Platinum Member
Tractor
BX2360/ Kubota SVL90-2/ Kobelco 115SR/ Takeuchi TB260
I just wanted to get some feed back from you fellas. I sold my L35 today and I'm at a bit of a crossroad....I sold the L35 because I need a bigger machine as my business is growing.Most of you are probably saying "simple,get an L48" and I would have to say it, yep L48 it is .......until I got a look at Deere's new 110.I know the 110 is about 10% less than what an L48 is spec. wise, but the darn thing just "looks" like it is a full blown industrial machine with some features and options the L48 does not have.Sooooo I was just wondering if anybody else out there has some thoughts on this (even though I know its tough to talk about a machine that nobody even has yet) or if anybody is also considering the 110.

/ Sold my L35...now what? L48 or JD110 #2  
What features does the JD have the L48 does not? Features mean more to me than 10% different in size.

/ Sold my L35...now what? L48 or JD110
Ok,here we go,what the jd has and the kubota doesn't.....standard front quick coupler,quick coupler buckets on the hoe(option),when using the hoe you can move the machine ahead or back from the seat w/a toggle switch (so you don't have to reach around and try to reach the hst peadals)single loader controll lever controls front or rear hydraulics w/switches that are built into the lever,can disconnect the hoe from the seat,hoe can be "plumbed" for a hydraulic thumb or hammer,hoe has transport lock with lever, hst peadals are side by side,....I'm pretty sure thats it, if I think of any thing else I'll add it later.

/ Sold my L35...now what? L48 or JD110 #4  
Tags, that is a tough one. I am also considering both machines, although purchase time will be awhile, and like the features on the JD110 you mention. They are not a deal maker for me, but sound nice. I am anxious to see one. From what I have heard the pricing will be close to the same, with the JD a little cheaper. I would have to consider the dealers in my area as a point in the equation. I have also had amazing reliability with my Kubota, not to say that would not be the same with the JD, so that puts a point in the Kubota column for me. The L48 loader problem is an issue, although it looks like that is being addressed. Is JD a flip seat configuration for backhoe use? I like the swivle feature of the L48.

Will you be able to wait awhile before replacing your tractor? It would be nice to see a few JD110 out and working before you have to make up your mind.

MarkV

Mark,
I have to agree w/you on the reliability issue,as I never have had a problem w any kubota I have ever owned, not to say that the Deere won't be as reliable either.I bought the L35 when it first came out and nobody really had em' yet and the machine performed flawlessly throughout heavy loader and hoe work.

Yes the 110 is a flip over seat configuration,and once it is flipped over you can "step through" to the hoe,its a little tighter than the L48 and I do agree the swivel seat is really nice on the Kubota.

The other issue I have is with the width of both machines...the 110 is a touch skinnier than 6',where the L48 is 74" not really a big deal except I all ready have a 6' Harley rake and it should cover the tracks on the 110 when it would leave tracks on the 48 ,and I not ready to spend $7500 on a new 8' rake,could I live w/the tracks being left behind ....probably.....but it just creates more labor.

As far as waiting to see some 110's out there before I purchase one ,thats gonna be kinda tough,not having the 35 or a machine to run a rake for a couple of months is definetly a bad thing.I priced the 110 out at a couple of dealers so far and have been impressed buy it,and i found out yesterday that the reps are telling the dealers to expect delivery on sold units in 4-5 weeks. On monday one oif the dealers that gave me a price is going to have a 110 at their shop(they had a aquipment show and are gonna hold it for a day or two until Deere picks it up) and said I could come up and try it out!Soooo I kinda put myself under the gun and thats why I'm looking for feedback here,I apreciate everybodys help!

/ Sold my L35...now what? L48 or JD110 #6  
Tags, I hope you will share your impression of the JD110 when you get to spend a little time on it. I can sure understand your need to keep business going. I would guess landscape season will be gearing up for you in the next month or so and those kinds of jobs just don’t wait.

You make a good point that I hadn’t thought of, about the width of the two units you are considering. I am not sure it would affect my uses but can see how seedbed prep would be affected by the extra two inches.

Are you finding the JD a little lower in price than the L48 when comparably equipped?

MarkV

Mark,
I'll defenitely let you know how the 110 drives and operates.To answer your question, the JD is coming in about $2 to $3000 less than the Kubota equally equiped.I have gotten 3 prices on the 110 so far and am due to hear from one more dealer tomorrow,and I think they will have the best price of all of em'.I have recieved prices from $39200 to $44300 all prices have been for the same thing so it just goes to show how much fluctuation there is in the price,so we'll just wait and see what tomorrow brings.

/ Sold my L35...now what? L48 or JD110 #8  
Tags, Is there a website where a person can go to get a look at the 110. I checked ot the John Deere site but could find no referance to it. It may well have been there and I just didn't look in the right spot. I am not in the market for one, but your discussion and description just had me curious.

/ Sold my L35...now what? L48 or JD110 #9  
Mark,

Right here on TBN by Muhammad... <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/news/012802_deere_110tlb.htm>John Deere 110 TLB...</A>

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Sold my L35...now what? L48 or JD110 #10  
Tags, check Carvers, they have prices that typically beat those listed right on their sight. They are a fantastic dealer and I recommend them highly. As for my L48, it is exceptionally smoooooth. I really like the HST which is not something I was familiar with but now that I have it, it's making the old gear tractors not obselete, but much slower to manuver and with infinite control on the speed. I'm anxious to try it with my 8' Harley rake. I've used the 6' but the tractor I had would smoke the PTO clutch. The 8' is setup quite a bit different then the 6' While the 6' is much simpler to operate, the 8' has a great grading ability with the well offset gauging wheels it pulls. If you get the JD 110, let me, us, know how it works. I can tell you the L48's are selling like mad where I live. I am really enjoying mine, Rat...