MMM or Rear Finish

/ MMM or Rear Finish #1  

Anonymous Poster

I need to decide between a 5 ' rear finish mower and a 5' MMM for the NH TC33D I plan to get. The Dealer is stearing me towards a rear finish. He claims the MMM is pain to remove and he thinks there'll be lot of times you won't want to drag it around (Like when you're bush hogging). He also said its a pain to remove the blades for sharpening where as its no big deal to lift up a rear finish mower with the 3PH and remove the blades for sharpening. Has anyone dealt with removing the MMM on the TC series? I saw a post recently that said "modern" MMMs can be removed in 5 minutes or so.

The dealer went on to argue eventually you'll figure out how to manuever the rear mount around stuff and plus you can back it under tree limbs and into corners getting spots a MMM could never get so there's less push mower follow up. What do you think will I have a sore neck and spend half the time going backward with a rear finsh mower?

Thanks for comments

/ MMM or Rear Finish #2  
Newland,
I have a rear finish mower on my Kubota B-7500 and have no problems I think it is easy to attach and remove, nice not to have the MMM when bush hogging, it takes a time or two to get use to but after that you won't have to worry about any neck pain. That said their are many post on this subject it basically boils down to personal perference. I personally prefer the rear finish mower, but maybe you just don't miss what you don't have.
Best of Luck and enjoy your tractor it is a real nice machine/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif
Crown

/ MMM or Rear Finish #3  
Newland, you might want to read <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=owning&Number=41934&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1> this thread</A> in which this topic was discussed awhile back.

/ MMM or Rear Finish #4  
Newland, I'm new on this list and going thru the same decsion process as you, so I'm watching your post and reading all the previous posts one the subject. One thing that struck me from your post is that the dealer is sure wanting you to go with the rear finish mower. I gots to wonder if he just is overstocked in them or gets a bonus for selling them over the MMM. It just sounded like he pushing you rather hard to get the rear mower. Makes me suspisous. I might be way off here, but if it were me, for my own piece of mind I'd talk to a completely different dealer that sells the TC's and see if he says the MMM is so hard to take off like your dealer is saying.
Also, from those previous posts if you have a set of car ramps it sounds like blade sharpening wouldn't be much of an issue with either MMM or rear mower.
Good luck in your search.
Moon

/ MMM or Rear Finish #5  
For a TC33D, I'd suggest something a bit wider than 5'. 6' at least... unless you have a need to get into narrow places...

I have a 5' finnish mower behind a TC21D... It pulls it like nothing's back there.

/ MMM or Rear Finish #6  
I have an FM60 servis rhino 3 point mower. Wonderful machine. I too went through that decision on mmm vs pull type. I like being able to get into corners and under trees compared to mmm. Also cost difference was a big factor.

/ MMM or Rear Finish #7  
I would go with the 3PH mount my self. I feel it would be much easier to remove/sharpen the blades as well as cleaning the mower deck itself. I plan on a 3PH finish mower, either a 5 or 6 ft. I feel that belly mowers are more for lawn and garden tractors where you pretty much leave the thing on year round. Would just get in the way on my tractor.

I realize in saying this I'll be taking heat from all the MMM people, but that is my opinion.

Ed King

/ MMM or Rear Finish #8  
I have a question for all you Rear Mount Mower fans; for open field mowing, can you do a square without leaving grass uncut? I had problems with this with a brush hog a few years back ( and i only mowed that way > 5 times. So, yea, i'm not real experienced with it; but i alway had lots of clean up to do of little patches which was really a pain.
Thanks,
Moon

/ MMM or Rear Finish #9  
I had same problem with rear finishing mower. No way that I can see that one can make a 90 degree cut without making a 360 at the end of a cut.

/ MMM or Rear Finish
Has anybody used a 7ft. rear finish mower with a 33 horse tractor, does it have the horsepower to pull it?