Kioti DK35 vs. GLs from Kubota

/ Kioti DK35 vs. GLs from Kubota #1  

canoetrpr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040 cab/hyd shuttle - current, Kubota L3400 - traded
I have aboslutely no real *need* for a new tractor. My Kubota L3400 is only a year old with 57 hours and has been great.

Some of you might know that I have been incredibly irritated with my dealer. Won't go into the details of that here.

I had decided to look into a GL3540. Got some pricing on it but I have not really seen the tractors. Partly that is because I am concentrating on the dealer much more than the brand this time around. Partly because the prices are quite high here in Canada.

Today I found a new Kioti dealer not 25 minutes from here. The dealer has been in a business for a very long time and is new only to Kioti. He previously sold Kubotas. My experience with the dealer was awesome. He took almost 3 hours to show me around.

The long and short is that I test drove a CK35 and a DK35. Not that I had planned to buy a backhoe but the CK had one and he gave me a tutorial on operating it. It was a blast.

It seemd to me like the DK35 would be the machine to go with - if I wanted to go down this route. The price appears to be much lower than the GL Kubotas. It is not clear to me how comparable the DK35 is to the GL3540/GL3940... I'll compare specs.

I was impressed at the array of standard features on the DK35 - rear remote, draft control and so on.

While I do my research, if you have anything to share about your experiences with Kioti or the DK35 in particular vs. the Grand L Kubotas, I would be very interested to hear.

/ Kioti DK35 vs. GLs from Kubota #2  
I began my Kioti shopping by looking at a 35 and like you was impressed with the many features that it had. I ended up with a DK 45 because I wanted a cab but would have been happy with the 35. A few things you will find yourself using often are the adjustable lower links, sure makes hooking up implements much easier, and the rear remotes. If you are going to do much ground engaging work the draft control is also a great feature.

I looked at a DK 35 with hydo yesterday and they are sharp tractors. The Daedong engines are strong and smooth. Like you we have a very strong Kioti dealer in this area who has helped establish the Kioti name.

/ Kioti DK35 vs. GLs from Kubota #3  
I've driven a DK35 (probably a 2005 model) and liked it quite well. The standard features list is very good. However, there are not as many fancy options as on a L3540 - e.g. the HST doesn't have as many options, there's no glideshift transmission option, etc. I thought the Kiotis were built a little more solidly than Kubota's L series, but that's just my opinion, not a verifiable fact. I also think the castings on the L40's that I've seen look somewhat rough, and I don't know if there's a good reason for that or if they are cheaply made, which is the superficial appearance. If you like the dealer - and it sounds like a really good one - that would be a big factor for me.

/ Kioti DK35 vs. GLs from Kubota #4  
I too looked closely at Kioti, especially the DK45S, which I still think is an awesome tractor, just couldn't get over the sweet 18LA loader on the NHTC48DA, with the big bucket, and sloped down boom. As you stated, the Kioti comes with many standard features that other charge for as an option. If you can take a look at a DK45S, you'll also see that the tractor has a very handy standard option, which is a rear control for the 3PH. This allows you to raise, or lower the 3PH while alineing your equipment from the rear of the tractor. I can't believe that more is not said about this fantastic feature on the Kioti DK45S, and that JD, NH, Massey haven't come out with their own versions of this very inovative convienene idea. In the end, Justin Reed came within a stone's throw of the price I received on the Kioti DK45S from Travis Group, and matched the price I received from Wallace. He then threw in a rear remote, installed, so then it turned into a no brainer for me.....the NHTC48DA. I must also stated for the record that Antietam Tractor has been an extremely steadfast dealer, and has handle all warrenty issues without even a hesitation. Radiator replacement, (I didn't think it needed it, but the NH service tech, another outstanding person at Antietam, said, nope we'll put a new one in it) the PTO safety light didn't work, he took care of that, on site also. Wonderful people to have as dealer support at Antietam. Makes you want to shop there and buy stuff, just to be sure they stay in business. They also were extremely close to the internet prices offered by the dealers down in NC. I think maybe within $500, soooooooo.........why pay to trailer a tractor up from NC, when you can buy one here, and have great dealer support. The TC48DA has been a great machine also, and I'm glad I bought it. Good Luck with your decision. :)

/ Kioti DK35 vs. GLs from Kubota #5  
I was looking to upgrade from my Kioti CK20 TLB and considered 35-40hp tractors from Kubota, Kioti and JD. All three companies make very nice tractors in that range. I did not leave the Kubota and JD in the running for more than a few minutes after learning the price differences. I'm going with a Kioti DK40se/KB401loader and Woods BH90x at a price that was WAY less than even the 35 hp versions of the other brands. I was thrilled with the performance of my CK20 TLB so did not need any introduction to Kioti, just needed a bigger tractor after taking on substantially more land clearing and mowing.

/ Kioti DK35 vs. GLs from Kubota
IH3444 said:
If you can take a look at a DK45S, you'll also see that the tractor has a very handy standard option, which is a rear control for the 3PH. This allows you to raise, or lower the 3PH while aligning your equipment from the rear of the tractor.

You are right on about this. The DK35 I tried out today at Lakeridge Country Equipment in Uxbridge, ON also had this feature. I thought it was awesome. Dick, the owner, pointed this out to me while he was giving me a tour of the features. There are more than a few times when I have found myself needing to adjust my 3PT equipment while not on the seat.

For anyone who is in this part of Ontario, I would very highly recommend stopping by at Lakeridge Country Equipment in Uxbridge. Something else Canadians should know is that the prices for Kioti in Canada seem to be in line with what our friends in the U.S.A. are paying - much more in line than with Kubota or JD up here.

/ Kioti DK35 vs. GLs from Kubota #7  
canoetrpr said:
While I do my research, if you have anything to share about your experiences with Kioti or the DK35 in particular vs. the Grand L Kubotas
The Kioti DK 35 and the Kubota Grands L's are very nice machines.
I have a Kioti DK 35 with 1000+ hours. Its been good, solid, and reliable for me so far.

/ Kioti DK35 vs. GLs from Kubota #8  
sorry 2 derail this post but island tractor are you trading in the ck20 or what? i would be interested in buying your grapple if you're not keeping it.

/ Kioti DK35 vs. GLs from Kubota #9  
farmerjim said:
sorry 2 derail this post but island tractor are you trading in the ck20 or what? i would be interested in buying your grapple if you're not keeping it.

Trading the CK but keeping the grapple. Grapples are forever! :)

/ Kioti DK35 vs. GLs from Kubota
DK35vince said:
The Kioti DK 35 and the Kubota Grands L's are very nice machines.
I have a Kioti DK 35 with 1000+ hours. Its been good, solid, and reliable for me so far.

Hi DK35vince:

Your profile says that you've got TnT. Was this a Kioti option or was it added aftermarket?