Proud New Tractor Owner!

/ Proud New Tractor Owner! #1  

couchsachraga

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 4520 cab... formerly Yanmar 336D
Greetings!

Thank you all for your advice over the past months! In the end I've purchased a mid-eighties Yanmar 336D (couldn't quite cough up the cash for a newer Kubota, etc...) with 1800 hours. 33hp engine, 27hp PTO, FEL with two buckets and new forks, 4wd, power steering, powershift (shuttleshift, basically), 12 fwd speeds, 4 reverse, delivered (and taxed) total less than 10k from a reputable dealer. I wouldn't have felt confident purchasing it without the help from you folks (and the folks over at the Yahoo Yanmar group-hopefully they'll joins us over here soon!). I'll post pictures once it's delivered and I get to start playing (next weekend hopefully!)

Thanks again!
Couchsachraga

/ Proud New Tractor Owner! #2  
I don't meen to alarm you but, check the bellhousing for cracks. This was a trouble spot for some years of the 336. If no cracks always keep the bellhousing in mind when picking up stuff with the FEL.

/ Proud New Tractor Owner! #3  
Congratulations on your new tractor. I can see the grin on your face from here.
May it give you many hours and years, of useful, trouble free and FUN service.

/ Proud New Tractor Owner! #4  
Congrats on your new addition/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif! Of course, you realize that you've now accepted an awesome responsibility. You will find that it will take over your entire life. Your free time will cease to exist because you MUST pay attention to this new responsibility. Failure to dedicate a sufficient amount of time to your new addition's development could result in sleepless nights, ridicule from your peers, and a general feeling of useliness. Don't fall victim to this insideous malady. Get out there and work your tractor EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Do you think the wives will buy all that?/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

/ Proud New Tractor Owner!
Thanks for all the good wishes! Hopefully by this time next week I'll have some photographs up here, as well as a tale or two:)

Couchsachraga

/ Proud New Tractor Owner! #6  
Look forward to seeing some pics /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif. I'm still looking around for what I want to buy, so am always interested in seeing pics of different tractors and getting info. (good or bad!). Have fun!

/ Proud New Tractor Owner! #7  
It’s a great day New York! Congratulations and take it slow until you get the feel for that beast.

MarkV