John Deere 4010 or Kubota B7500

/ John Deere 4010 or Kubota B7500 #1  

jpfitziii

I'm going to buy a John Deere 4010 with HST and FEL or a Kubota B7500 with HST and FEL. I know they are both good quality machines and both dealers are in my home town. I would like to know the pro's and con's of each tractor and the preferences of the readers. The John Deere is about $300 more than the Kubota.
Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

/ John Deere 4010 or Kubota B7500 #2  
As you may have read on some of the other "buy it" threads. It's dealer, dealer, dealer.

Go with the dealer you feel more comfortable with. The one who you think will give you the best service.

$300 is not that much of a difference to be concerned about....

Terry

/ John Deere 4010 or Kubota B7500 #3  
I agree with Terry. Since the difference is so small, you go with which dealer you're more comfortable with. Which one has a better track record in the service department? Which one is giving you the best deal based on comparisons with other dealers? You might also investigate which tractor has the better re-sale or trade-in value when you get ready to move up.

/ John Deere 4010 or Kubota B7500 #4  
I agree with the others, but don't forget to sit on each and USE them both. I personally found the ergonomics of the deck a bit uncomfortable on the 4110 (supposedly identicle to the 4010), my leg kept hitting the FEL control everytime I turned to look behind the tractor to watch the rear blade. THis may or may not apply to you, so try it. Also, the PTO HP is a bit different...14 on the JD, the BX has 16.7. The JD may be somewhat more flexible on the 3pt implements, with a bit more ground clearance. Other than that, they are very similar machines.

Both units are fine machines, I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you buy...

/ John Deere 4010 or Kubota B7500 #5  
I have a 7500DT with over 300 hours on it. Hve had no problems with it. Amazing how much it will do for its size.

/ John Deere 4010 or Kubota B7500 #6  
I'm not sure,but I think the Kubota 7500 is certified for a backhoe attachment. The JD 4100s were not. If your future might include backhoe work, ensure that both can use one without warrantee problems.

/ John Deere 4010 or Kubota B7500 #7  
You see, when folks ask for preferences, oh well, not touching that since it is not PC. For your comparison you should be looking at the 4110. It has similar horsepower and PTO horsepower as the 7500. The new 4010 I think is a slight step down from the old 4100 and the 7500, perhaps a competitor for the Kubota BX. I saw a 4110 at a Garden show. It is a very nice looking machine, had a plastic hood though, other than that it appeared to be well thought out and sound in design and of good quality. J

/ John Deere 4010 or Kubota B7500 #8  
I think the Kubota is more comfortable . But I would never
get used to there hydro pedals. So I would go for the JD and
I think Kubotas are the better looking one.

/ John Deere 4010 or Kubota B7500 #9  
I agree with Tres Crows you are not comparing apples to apples the 4110 is the model that is comparable to the B-7500. I think that will make the B-7500 at least the better value dollar for dollar, however as I have stated in the past it is your money and you need to pick the one that feels best to you both are capable machines and will serve you well.
Crown

/ John Deere 4010 or Kubota B7500 #10  
The 4100 has 19 HP Net (with 17 at the PTO). The B7500 has 21 GROSS HP (16 HP at the PTO (HST), 17 HP if gear tranny). Figure the HP losses when the gross HP (measured without alternator, cooling fans and other required accessories for real world usage...some of our mechanical friends can expand on this) converts to Net, one can expect a 1-3 HP drop. Net HP is a more usable figure for what you buy and use.
So, the two tractors are virtually identical when comparing power. Of course, one must look at gearing, vehicle weight, etc.

Which one is better? Your call...

But it sure seems both are capable tractors. The 4100 series cannot use a backhoe, if you're thinking about one. The B7500 can, but it'll be a small unit for the limited HP.

The B7500 was the machine that put me on a tractor search. The BX2200 was my first choice (solely due to lower C of G), since my usage is mowing and snow plowing.
Bought a used JD670 (almost identical to the JD 4100, spec-wise) for about 4500 bucks less then a new BX2200. The 670 is quite capable for my use.

There ya go, friend...another opinion from a friend on TBN!!