New tractor: how many hours usage acceptable?

/ New tractor: how many hours usage acceptable? #1  

frank29

Bronze Member
For you guys that have bought new tractors, how many hours on the meter when you took delivery?

/ New tractor: how many hours usage acceptable? #2  
Mine had less than an hour, but I have seen as many as 10-20 for the dealer to perform maint, transport, fairs and demo rides they usually offered a discount if there were very many hours on the unit.

/ New tractor: how many hours usage acceptable? #3  
Mine had less than 30 minutes.
I bought it in 2004. John Deere 4110
Now have 102.3 hrs on it with no problems.

/ New tractor: how many hours usage acceptable? #4  
My last 1 had 1.1 But 10 and under would be ok . Over 25 and I would have to be getting a DEAL!

/ New tractor: how many hours usage acceptable? #5  
Mine had less than an hour on her when she was delivered. Now 6 weeks later I have over 80 on her.

Peter

/ New tractor: how many hours usage acceptable? #7  
frank29 said:
For you guys that have bought new tractors, how many hours on the meter when you took delivery?

Both new tractors I bought over the years had less than one hour each on them. :)

/ New tractor: how many hours usage acceptable? #8  
Mine had .4 If it had over an hour I'd be asking why.

/ New tractor: how many hours usage acceptable? #9  
Mine had 5.4 hours on it when delivered. I would like to see at least 2-3 hours on it but not more than 10. That way I know it was broken in by the dealer and not me. Those first few hours are critical.

/ New tractor: how many hours usage acceptable? #10  
I just hope those of you who question a few hours on a new tractor never ask to demo one.
Many of you say to get the dealer to let you demo one, even at your house and then say, I wouldn't buy that tractor it has too many hours.
This topic comes up from time to time and I just think it's much ado about nothing.

Andy