Momma wants her own tractor

/ Momma wants her own tractor #1  

VistanTN

Silver Member
middle TN, closest to Beechgrove, then Bell Buckle
Tractor
A-C 5020-4, Mahindra 6500 4WD, Kubota L4740 HSTC 4WD
My good wife has decided that she wants her own tractor -- she's not keen on clutches and shifting, but has driven the Allis with a 5' rotary cutter. Her idea is to get something big enough to handle our 11' wheel rake so she can rake while I bale behind her. Right now the Mahindra is the only thing that lifts high enough to handle the rake and powerful enough to handle the baler.

I figure something in a utility, 35-45 HP range should do, BUT she wants HST AND a cab. That makes me think that I need to be looking on the high end of that HP range, maybe higher. Thus far, I have identified five possible contenders: JD 4320; Kubota L4630; Case DX47; NH TC45DA; and MF 1547.

Any input, feedback, thoughts, or suggestions would be appreciated.

/ Momma wants her own tractor #2  
VistanTN,

I think that is right on & your one lucky guy. Let me tell ya somethin. I think you got a buy her one of the bestest & biggest tractor's around !!

BOY would that be fun :D

Vic

/ Momma wants her own tractor #3  
I see you already own 1 Mahindra, they make some nice looking machines with cabs, maybe check into that. Unless your not happy with your present unit.:confused:

/ Momma wants her own tractor #4  
Since it's for your wife The Sky's The Limit, Go Big, Bigger Biggest, !! that way you can borrow it.

/ Momma wants her own tractor #5  
VistanTN:

Make wifey very, very happy:). A happy wife makes for a happy husband, and if you are very good she might let you sit on her seat :D! Jay

/ Momma wants her own tractor
I'd love another Mahindra ... but no HST/Cab combos. I intend to make sure she is VERY happy ... and I'll be good so I can have some seat time too.

/ Momma wants her own tractor #7  
Any Kioti (pronounced:coyote) dealers near you?

The DK45 is a real nice looking machine and you can get it with HST and a factory cab.
dk45s_cabin.gif
KIOTI HOMEPAGE

The K1590 FEL of the Kioti DK45S has a lift capacity of 2,500 lbs (at the pins) to a height of 121", as comparison the Mahindra 6500 has a lift capacity of 2,400 lbs (at the pins) to a height of 125".

It also as a 3-pt hitch with draft position control and independent PTO or auto PTO with a lift capacity of 2,654lbs (24" aft of hitch) and weighs 4,585 lbs with the cab. Compare the specs to the others you listed and I bet it will match if not beat most and for a few thousand less. You will find the Kioti has quite a few standard ammenities that the others don't offer. Click the link above and check out some of the standard features, it's quite impressive.

I have had my Kioti for 2 years and 240hrs with no complaints yet.

Here is a list of Kioti dealers within 100 miles of Beechgrove, TN.

/ Momma wants her own tractor #8  
Dmace said:
Any Kioti (pronounced:coyote) dealers near you?

The DK45 is a real nice looking machine and you can get it with HST and a factory cab. .

Dmace, are you confusing and combining features of the DK45s and DK45se?

The DK45se is avaiable with HST but no cab. The larger, different (and confusingly named) DK45s has a cab but no HST.

/ Momma wants her own tractor
Thanks -- that's what I thought I had figured out -- no HST/Cab combo. Dealer in McMinnville is pretty close, but it is windy back roads and not "as the crow flies" (which is what all these "near you" websites give -- I looked up dealers in Michigan for a friend one time and found it listed as 43 miles away one that was 41 miles of Lake Michigan away, or over 200 miles by land!).

/ Momma wants her own tractor #10  
IslandTractor said:
Dmace, are you confusing and combining features of the DK45s and DK45se?

The DK45se is avaiable with HST but no cab. The larger, different (and confusingly named) DK45s has a cab but no HST.

Apparantly I have, thanks for clearing that up.