City boy shopping for first tractor

/ City boy shopping for first tractor #131  
I see you priced new JD and Kubotas and from the sounds of it the prices scared you off. If you are serious, do not go to a dealer that handles only the compact tractors. Go to a AG dealer. Do your homework by picking up brochures and study the JD and Kubota sites online. Then go in an start to deal with the salemen. Go in with a price in mind and stick to your guns. If the salemen can not get there, then get up and leave. Tell the salemen, sorry you can not help me, but I will find a salemen at another dealership who will.

If they have one on the lot that is what you want, stick to your guns. That list price is just like a car list price. Believe me they have plenty of room to negotiate a deal, they just want you to believe other wise. They will be more willing to deal on a tractor on the lot because they are paying interest on that tractor, and interest hurts their bottomline just like yours.

We bought a JD 4520 4x4 with the top of the line loader with the good bucket and a forks attachment, r-4's, rops with canopy, shuttle trans and a few more luxuries. All for under $20K. Yes, the dealership owner was about to cry, he wore out the calculator and about 6 pencils. Oh and he loaded the tires with beet juice too!

Remember if it is not the deal you want, get up and walk. If they have wiggle room you will be hearing about it before you make the door. Then stick it to em.

/ City boy shopping for first tractor #132  
Good advice. I've been shopping for about a month now (won't buy until that last receivable comes in - hopefully soon!) and have been quoted a couple of real sucker's prices. I switched salesmen just because I was pissed. Boy, did that price drop!! :rolleyes:

/ City boy shopping for first tractor #133  
geedub,

You missed out on an incredible deal for that TC45DA. Won't get much better than that.

Vic

/ City boy shopping for first tractor
I'm afraid I've created a monster. I think Cindy only wants a Kubota now...

/ City boy shopping for first tractor #135  
well, what's there to say? You knew she had good taste, after all. She chose you, didn't she?

/ City boy shopping for first tractor
Hmmm. Bad example davitk. :eek: