Comparison JD2320 versus NH TC30

/ JD2320 versus NH TC30 #11  
I could get my old 4WD/MFWD Ford 1100 (13/11+ HP) with a 48" rotary cutter around in my woods a lot easier than my NH TC29DA :( and the Ford could drag some nice size wood. I am now starting the process of widening my wood trails so the "29" can get through. Tractor size and/or manuverability could be an issue. Jay

/ JD2320 versus NH TC30 #12  
hobie15

Both could do the job, the 2320 would just take a bit longer. I agree with Jay, the deal breaker for me would be ergonomics. Dealers are also important. You will be going back to the dealer to ask questions and get support. Whatever you end up with, you will enjoy it.

/ JD2320 versus NH TC30 #13  
For the last year I have been trying to decide if a TC30/L3400 would work for me or are my wife's 'it's too big' comments more accurate. Right now the 2320/2520 Deere are looking very attractive.

Many buy a small tractor for a purpose and then find additional work that would benefit from more hp. With your A&G Deeres you can probably pull all the TC30 (other than the 30's 4wd) can pull and more.

If you think of the A or G in the woods and that seems awkward, the TC may not be better. The 2320 makes it easy to drop the bucket and head into the woods with a trailer or rotary cutter,

Do a search on the 2320 or 2520 and see what others have done with them, then head for the dealers for some seat time. And get some help with those old Deere, shouldn't be too hard to make starting more consistent.

/ JD2320 versus NH TC30
Thanks everyone for your input. I went with the JD 2320. Got it with a rotary cutter and loader for $14,200. Nice dealer - wish me luck!:D

/ JD2320 versus NH TC30 #15  
hobie15:

Congratulations on your new tractor :D! Use it safely and well and keep the posts coming- Jay :)

/ JD2320 versus NH TC30
Okay, the 2320 is a great tractor - but since it has turf tires, I am wondering if wheel weights would be a benefit. I have been moving some sand/dirt and it seems to spin a lot (especially in wet grass). What about a quick hitch for the mower? I see Fleet Farm carries one (category 1) for $180 compared to the JD one for $250 - is there really much difference? Any suggestions for weights? Thanks!:confused:

/ JD2320 versus NH TC30 #17  
hobie15:

Put some liquid ballast in your rear tires and you should consider chains for traction with the turf tires. Jay

/ JD2320 versus NH TC30 #18  
hobie15 said:
Thanks everyone for your input. I went with the JD 2320. Got it with a rotary cutter and loader for $14,200. Nice dealer - wish me luck!:D

Great tractor, you're gonna like it. I'm just a bit biased...:D It's a tough tractor, it will hold it's value well and if you need more tractor later just trade up to a 3000 Series JD. Good luck.

/ JD2320 versus NH TC30 #19  
Hobie,

I've got 40+ hours on the 2320 I bought this summer and my uses are similar to yours, including a lot of work in tight quarters in the woods.

I "upgraded" from a 1950 Farmall M with a loader that was just way too big and unstable to get into many places I can maneuver easily into now.

Regarding traction, I went with the unfilled R4s as a compromise between turfs and R1s (I also mow yard with it). My traction is improved greatly with 400 - 500 lbs. ballast on the 3PH. I have dug and moved a lot of sand for trails in the woods and it would have taken me hours longer without the ballast on the back. When snow comes I'll see if I need chains or wheel weights.

There are some good threads here on TBN that show how to make your own wheel weights, which may be a good option for you.

Joe

/ JD2320 versus NH TC30 #20  
hobie15 said:

That seems like a really good price. My dealer wants $15k for the same setup, and he's already knocked $200 off the original price. Did you have to really work them to get that deal?