WTB Old wreck of a tractor

/ WTB Old wreck of a tractor #1  

Cord

Veteran Member
Tractor
Resident Architect
I'm hoping somebody here knows where I could find this. I just bought a piece of land I want to put some character on it. I'm looking for a really old tractor to use as decoration. It needs to be old, really old. Preferably steel wheeled and mostly complete. I found a old crawler at a junk yard and it was pretty neat, but they didn't want to part with it, so a crawler would work too. Please, nothing that is restorable. I couldn't stand to put a restorable tractor outside. I'm in Wisconsin, so I'd like something in the region. I used to see these things all the time when I was a kid, but the market seems to have dried up. Even if you only have a weak lead, I'd appreciate you sending it to me. Post here if you want or e-mail me direct: einwalterT at yahoo.com

/ WTB Old wreck of a tractor #2  
Pity you dont live closer to me an old-timer neighbour makes a living going around farms with a semi and crane buying scrap and hauling to the shredder .
Some times he gets complete items like combines and tractors that were scrapped just for a bad motor or broken axle so once a week i check his yard he currently has a fordson major (diesel) that runs but bell housing is cracked and tyres are shot ...$350..?
I think this is one for my "Restoration shed".
But he has many cockshutts and molines that will never see life again and he will sell for scrap price but will not haul them to the shredder because it breaks his heart and hopes a restorer or someone who wants parts will buy it for $100 ?

/ WTB Old wreck of a tractor #3  
I wanted to do the same thing in Conn and located a couple of machines for $50 each. I never followed through. These machines were "all there" but woul dtake hugh amounts of work to get running. I found them at used equipment dealers who actually specialize in old lawn tractors.

Andy

/ WTB Old wreck of a tractor #4  
craigslist: san francisco bay area classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events is a classifieds website that I check every day. In the last year, I bet I've seen a dozen old tractors that are rusting out that people have listed for sale, or even for free if you can come get it. Cracked blocks, or missing pieces are fairly common in these old tractors, so I haven't been interested in any of the so far.

If I was you, I'd go there and put an ad for what you are looking for. The ads only last for one day, so you either have to do it every day, or as often as you can, and stick with it.

Good luck,
Eddie

/ WTB Old wreck of a tractor #5  
I have a 1952 NW dragline that ran 10 years ago. weighs 18 tons. There are guys who willl take it for scrap but my wife likes it. We use the dragline bucket to keep people from backing into the corner of the barn. Guess I need pictures. Also have 2 dead dump trucks but the scrap guys won't take them unless I give them the crane. Can't help you with the old tractor.

/ WTB Old wreck of a tractor #6  
I dont know about other areas but scrap is over $80 a ton here now so "ANY" dead tractor is worth $200 + and many kids are going into the scrap game ?

/ WTB Old wreck of a tractor
That's what I've seen, the scrap prices went up and the farmers cleaned out their woods. I have contacted some of the scrap dealers that work with this stuff, but generally they don't want to deal with me. My guess is that they are loading in the pasture and then hauling everything to the recycler. They don't have the heart to sort out that unique antique in the hope that somebody in a couple of years will buy it.

I have hit craig's list, but with no results. I've also posted want ads to the site with only one result. Some guy wanted to sell be a 9n with a bad head gasket. Well, that's too easy of a fix for me to just park the tractor outside and let it rot away!

/ WTB Old wreck of a tractor #8  
Cord said:
I'm hoping somebody here knows where I could find this. I just bought a piece of land I want to put some character on it. I'm looking for a really old tractor to use as decoration. It needs to be old, really old. Preferably steel wheeled and mostly complete. I found a old crawler at a junk yard and it was pretty neat, but they didn't want to part with it, so a crawler would work too. Please, nothing that is restorable. I couldn't stand to put a restorable tractor outside. I'm in Wisconsin, so I'd like something in the region. I used to see these things all the time when I was a kid, but the market seems to have dried up. Even if you only have a weak lead, I'd appreciate you sending it to me. Post here if you want or e-mail me direct: einwalterT at yahoo.com

Mornin Cord,
Your basically looking for whats refered to as a "Parts Tractor" ! Try going to Yesterdays Tractors Photo section, they come up from time to time ! :)

Antique Tractors - Yesterday's Tractors : Antique Tractor Headquarters