NH TD75 or Kubota M95

/ NH TD75 or Kubota M95 #1  

hudr

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5005DI
I am torn between these two tractors. The Kubota is only about 7k more than the NH. (for 20 more HP!). I know this should be a no-brainer (I am leaning toward the Kubota). I have heard few folks complain about their tractor being too large. Both tractors are at a dealer I like (where I bought my 5005 Mahindra). Also, they spend quite a bit of money w/ my network support business.
Both tractors are almost identical (cab and air, four wheel drive, loader, etc) but I think the 'bota has a left hand reverser. The NH is in stock but the Kubota is either at one of their other dealerships or would have to be ordered.

Last edited:
   / NH TD75 or Kubota M95 #2  
Have you looked at the TD95D? It has 80 pto hp and left hand shuttle but the TDD line doesn't have all the bells and whistles like the TN and TL lines from New Holland.

/ NH TD75 or Kubota M95 #3  
What is the tractor going to be used for? I assume it will be row crops or a 15' batwing mower for that size tractor, but let's hear.

Have you considered the new JD 5603? It's a cab tractor with 99hp (can't remember if that's engine or PTO) and a pretty good set of features at a really nice price. Should be competitive with an M95S for the prices I've seen the M95 & M105 at my nearest dealer for (oddly enough, that's a Kubota/NH dealer).

/ NH TD75 or Kubota M95 #4  
Both the TD75D (now TD80D) and TD95D have a left hand shuttle, it's the tall lever to the left of the seat. It is a mechanical shuttle, requires clutching.

/ NH TD75 or Kubota M95 #5  
I can't really see paying for a mechanical shuttle at that hp/price level. I'm pretty sure the Kubota has a standard hydro-shuttle (no clutching) and the JD 5603 does too. I think you can even get a powershift transmission on some models in that range. What about the AGCO (a/k/a Agco Allis) models in that range? They seem to be a good value and solid design.

/ NH TD75 or Kubota M95 #6  
I can't really see paying for a mechanical shuttle at that hp/price level. I'm pretty sure the Kubota has a standard hydro-shuttle (no clutching) and the JD 5603 does too. I think you can even get a powershift transmission on some models in that range. What about the AGCO (a/k/a Agco Allis) models in that range? They seem to be a good value and solid design.

What is wrong with a mechanical shuttle? I have two loader tractors with mechanical shuttles and they have never given me a problem and they get used a lot.

What hp/price level can you see paying for a mechanical shuttle?

/ NH TD75 or Kubota M95 #7  
Comparing two different levels of tractors here aren't we? I sell the Case-IH line much the same as the NH and the TD's are alower priced tractor to begin with and don't offer all the features of the M-series Kubota! The chassis although a good reliable one so far is unusual with the PTO being the way that it is and doesn't bother everyone although it has been a complaint as being antiquated.

There are many other freatures that you don't get with the TD.

/ NH TD75 or Kubota M95 #8  
go with more horses, nobody ever wished for less power.
And if you are pulling a batwing, a 95hp will pull way better than a 75hp.

/ NH TD75 or Kubota M95 #9  
Robert_in_NY said:
What is wrong with a mechanical shuttle? I have two loader tractors with mechanical shuttles and they have never given me a problem and they get used a lot.

What hp/price level can you see paying for a mechanical shuttle?

I have a mechanical shuttle and it works fine, but of everything on my tractor that is the one feature I most wish was upgraded. Clutching all the time for dirt work and mowing around obstacles, and knowing that one day (hopefully years from now) there will be a very pricey clutch replacement. It seems like hydro-shuttles cost around $1200 when they are optional and it would have been worth that to me, easily (it wasn't optional on my 5105). IMHO, anything over $25k or so should have a hydro-shuttle as standard. That would generally mean tractors above 60-65hp, given the prices I've seen on various brands. Obviously, this is just my opinion.