Did you watch the latest Mahindra video?

/ Did you watch the latest Mahindra video? #11  
A friend of mine who owns a Mahindra says he is going to show that to his wife as an example of a real woman. I suspect that if he does, his body won't be found! There are quite a few ladies on TBN that I have seen in different forums.

/ Did you watch the latest Mahindra video? #12  
mark4Jesus said:
A friend of mine who owns a Mahindra says he is going to show that to his wife as an example of a real woman. I suspect that if he does, his body won't be found! There are quite a few ladies on TBN that I have seen in different forums.

Yeah...I guess a Mahindra with a backhoe could dig a hole deep enough that he wouldn't be found, especially if they were putting up a new barn that needed a frost wall...:D

/ Did you watch the latest Mahindra video? #13  
Did anyone notice the missing SMV symbol on the Backhoe?

/ Did you watch the latest Mahindra video? #14  
xlr82v2 said:
Bialecki,

I think you're looking way too deep and putting too much into this short little video clip. However, that being said, new tractors these days are becoming so "equal" in performance and the other issues that you say you would consider, that weight and the other issues that you imply that you wouldn't take into serious consideration ARE the differentiating factors.

For example, when I was tractor shopping, Kubota was among the lightest of all the tractors out there in my size range. To me, for my needs, and my way of thinking, that isn't so good. Weight is what puts the horsepower to the ground (and it's also a pretty good indicator of how much "beef" there is in the tractor)... if you have a light tractor that costs more $$$$ to purchase, and you have to spend even more $$$ just to buy dead weight to hang on your tractor so that it will have the same traction as the less expensive brand that weighs more in the first place, are you really coming out ahead? All other things being more or less equal, give me the heavier tractor. I think that's what she was implying in the video.

It is impossible to cover all the factors involved in making a wise purchase decision in a video clip of that length... I also think it's really ingenious of Mahindra to go this route... what other manufacturer showcases their tractors in real-life situations, with real-life people, with real-life paint missing from the FEL bucket, with real-life mud on the tires and real-life dust on the hood? All the other mfgr's take one off the showroom floor, probably get one of the upper level corporate managers to drive it around, and maybe tiptoe out and get some dirt on the tires, but the turtle wax shine is still there, beaming away while the cameras flash... I want to see that tractor WORK... not just show up for a photo op. It's kind of like a politician showing up at a groundbreaking ceremony, taking the first scoop of dirt. Show me that same politician there at the end of the day on the same end of that shovel after 8 hours workin' it, and then I'll be impressed. ;)[/QUO

Tractor weight does not equal strength; the quality of the metal will be the ultimate factor! Remember you can always add weight if needed. Recycled metals are contaminated, but an inexpensive way to add weight!

/ Did you watch the latest Mahindra video? #15  
Podunkadunk said:
...of course, I haven't been looking either.
Nothing wrong with looking.....:D

But seriously, I took another look at the video. Not bad, but too much talk about "weight" both the weight of the tractor or the tractor adjusting to her weight. Maybe I am missing something there but I wouldnt be swayed by the "weight" arguement. If I was Mahindra I would be pointing out something else that would attract customers, such as eHydro:D. Once my wife saw that thing (two GO pedals) she was sold....

/ Did you watch the latest Mahindra video? #16  
markmc said:
Nothing wrong with looking.....:D

But seriously, I took another look at the video. Not bad, but too much talk about "weight" both the weight of the tractor or the tractor adjusting to her weight. Maybe I am missing something there but I wouldnt be swayed by the "weight" arguement. If I was Mahindra I would be pointing out something else that would attract customers, such as eHydro:D. Once my wife saw that thing (two GO pedals) she was sold....

Amen!

/ Did you watch the latest Mahindra video? #17  
Big deal, it's just a video.
It doesn't matter what aspects are shown, breakout force, lift capacity, lug nut bolt circle ... somebody isn't going to like it. Personally, I think they did a nice job overall, and Brandi was pleasant in her presentation.

/ Did you watch the latest Mahindra video? #18  
i've been trying to get it to play ever since it first came out but havent had any luck yet:(

/ Did you watch the latest Mahindra video? #19  
RollingsFarms,
It may be the internet browser that you are using. I had the same trouble of not being able to view the video when using Mozilla Foxfire as the browser, so I switched to Internet Explorer, and it worked. But now, I can view the video with Foxfire. Go figure.

MSWoodlot

/ Did you watch the latest Mahindra video? #20  
I liked the video and the advertising approach. I think there is a place for the ads with glossy tractors, swell looking suburbanite owners and manicured estates. But it didn't take me long, as a new tractor buyer to notice that the paint doesn't stay on the FEL bucket.......for even one second after use. These ads remind me of SUV ads showing how many DVD players they have rather than showing them do anything remotely 'sporty'. Whatever sells is waht works, but seeing a dirty tractor doing something 'tough' is refreshing to me.

I have a 'light' Kubota and have heard people talk about how heavy Mahindras are. And I would agree, 'heavy' would not be the crux of my ad campaign if I were trying to sell tractors from India in the US. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking India or Mahindra, but they are relatively new and unestablished in the US market. In that regard I think there will be prejudice against them. We may find one day that they are the very best machines out there and getting them cheaply now is the best deal in the world. But my initial thought about 'heavy' was that they were over-engineered to compensate for poor quality metal. It is a totally uninformed prejudice, but that is what Mahindra will have to overcome to sell tractors. I want to know why they are heavy. No one else is using 'heavy' as a selling point and the oldest trick in the marketing book is to find your biggest weakness and sell it as a strength. If Mahindra is really making their tractors heavy purely for strength and keeping the hp on the ground, well, bravo. But they are going to have to prove it.

I also think 'heavy' is a double edged sword in the CUT market and CUT advertising. I have a 45 hp Kubota that I can pull safely and comfortably with an F150 (with towing package and Triton V8). If it was any heavier at all I would need more truck and more trailer. And I don't or need more truck and trailer nor the expense they come with.