Want 40-50 HP tractor. Branson? Kubota?

/ Want 40-50 HP tractor. Branson? Kubota? #1  

jfh0jfh

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, JD 710, Case 450
I've been looking at 40-50 HP tractors, new & used. I'd only buy newif I traded my Kubota 3060 mower.

I was looking atJD (I have a 4310) and Kubota. Branson seems to come up often. Where are the made? is there anyone who doesn't like them?

I looked at Zetor (expensive), NH (Italian), MF (odd mix ofparts). Neighbors have been burned on Long & Belarus.

What else is there: Mahindra (Indian?), Century. Others?

/ Want 40-50 HP tractor. Branson? Kubota? #2  
Take a look at Kioti, they are great tractors. For the most part, you will find the Kioti to have more standard features, higher specifications and a better warranty than the others and be competitively priced if not cheaper.

/ Want 40-50 HP tractor. Branson? Kubota? #3  
Staying loyal to my brand, I have to say Mahindra's definately deserve looking into. Yes Mahindra is an Indian company, however my series is built and powered by Mitsubishi and is tough as nails. It also comes down to what you want to use it for... Mahindras are usually much heavier than a like powered Kubota. For instance, my 2615hst weighs in at 2458lbs vs. 1786lbs for a Kubota b2630. Add a FEL and loaded rears, that puts my "little" Mahindra in the 3500lb range. Great for loader/ground engaging activities but not so good for turf mowing.

Last edited:
   / Want 40-50 HP tractor. Branson? Kubota? #4  
jfh0jfh said:
I've been looking at 40-50 HP tractors, new & used. I'd only buy newif I traded my Kubota 3060 mower.

I was looking atJD (I have a 4310) and Kubota. Branson seems to come up often. Where are the made? is there anyone who doesn't like them?

I looked at Zetor (expensive), NH (Italian), MF (odd mix ofparts). Neighbors have been burned on Long & Belarus.

The 40 to 50 hp New Hollands are Japenese. The TN series which is slightly above this and arguably the best entry level Utility tractor is made in Italy. You mention Branson as if it is a significient player in this price range. I would argue that it is barely a player.

Andy

/ Want 40-50 HP tractor. Branson? Kubota? #5  
In the 40-50 hp range and with budget constraints, the Kubota L4400 is probably the best deal on the market. Around $19K gets you a 45 hp, 4wd tractor with loader. It is a very basic, gear drive tractor; no frills at all. They are coming out with an HST model but that is likely to be less affordable and will decrease available hp, at least a little. I always hear people say that all the big three makers are too expensive. I have no problems with any of the other brands (in fact, Kioti and Mahindra look really good) but I doubt they can beat the price of the L4400...at least not by much.

/ Want 40-50 HP tractor. Branson? Kubota? #6  
Bransons are made in Korea by Kukje, Korea's largest ag equipment manufacturer. They are rugged, reliable, and have an excellent warranty. Kukje builds or has built tractors for Branson, John Deere, Century, and Zetor, as well as their own brand. They also build engines for Cummins.

Branson Tractors

Kukje

/ Want 40-50 HP tractor. Branson? Kubota? #7  
jfh0jfh said:

My next door neighbor just bought a Kubota L4400 with a 6-ft wide FEL. It's one nice machine (45 hp engine). I have a little Kubota B7510HST with the 4-ft wide LA302 FEL that I bought new in May05. Have 160 hours on it. No complaints. It's a quality machine.

Another neighbor has just bought a new 35 hp Branson gear tractor. He brought it by my place a few days ago. It's a nice machine. Looks stout and heavy.

I bought a 1964 MF-135 diesel last year from a guy who replaced it with a new 35 hp Branson with FEL to use in his olive orchard. He says it's a sweet machine.

/ Want 40-50 HP tractor. Branson? Kubota?
Dmace said:
Take a look at Kioti, they are great tractors. For the most part, you will find the Kioti to have more standard features, higher specifications and a better warranty than the others and be competitively priced if not cheaper.

I don't thnk there's a dealer nearme but I'll look, thank.

Are they Chinese?

Savagepike said:
Staying loyal to my brand, I have to say Mahindra's definately deserve looking into. Yes Mahindra is an Indian company, however my series is built and powered by Mitsubishi and is tough as nails. It also comes down to what you want to use it for... Mahindras are usually much heavier than a like powered Kubota. For instance, my 2615hst weighs in at 2458lbs vs. 1786lbs for a Kubota b2630. Add a FEL and loaded rears, that puts my "little" Mahindra in the 3500lb range. Great for loader/ground engaging activities but not so good for turf mowing.

Thanks. I only really know Mahindra from their knockoff Jeep CJ3s that you see in the UK. They're not bad.

N80 said:
In the 40-50 hp range and with budget constraints, the Kubota L4400 is probably the best deal on the market. Around $19K gets you a 45 hp, 4wd tractor with loader. It is a very basic, gear drive tractor; no frills at all. They are coming out with an HST model but that is likely to be less affordable and will decrease available hp, at least a little. I always hear people say that all the big three makers are too expensive. I have no problems with any of the other brands (in fact, Kioti and Mahindra look really good) but I doubt they can beat the price of the L4400...at least not by much.

Thanks. Yes, $15,800 on the 4400 after the rebates. I've had 2 Kubotas and like them,. The issue wil be price: if the same off-brand tractor is $4-5K less, I'll have to think about it.

3 years ago this didn't seem true: I shopped around and off-brands weren't hugely cheaper so I bought a JD 4310 thinking resale. A Scorpion w/ the same equipment was ~ $2K less. Not worth doing. The new NH was more.

Also found a lightly used KUBOTA L4610GST $12,900 ythat I think I can buy around $11,500