Has anyone seen Massey Ferguson tractors recently?

/ Has anyone seen Massey Ferguson tractors recently? #1  

Captain_Caveman

A few months ago I checked out the 1500 series by MF. They are some really nice and sturdily built machines. They had less plastic on them then the tractors I saw from other major companies (don't wanna say any names) :) I know MF is huge worldwide but how about in USA? I know I wouldn't hesistate to buy a MF.....to me it's the quality of the machine.....it ain't how popular or trendy they are.

/ Has anyone seen Massey Ferguson tractors recently? #2  
The local dealer near me seems to have steady business and everyone I know that has one is happy with their MF. The only MF I have is a 750 combine with a 1163 head. It has given me years of good service.

/ Has anyone seen Massey Ferguson tractors recently? #3  
There are two competing dealerships within 15 miles from my house. One is MF one is NH. NH must be outselling because when I drive around in my rural area if I see anything different then blue it is 1995 or older (besides my house). But... i dunno why- the only thing I could find that the NH has over the MF is the esthetics and visibility.

As you can see by my sig I bought the MF because of how much more robust it looked, felt and the specs supported this. Even comparing the NH TC34DA which is a 35hp tractor to the MF 1533 (33hp) the MF has 500lbs more weight. The extra space to stretch out my legs when I am on those long mowing runs (I am 6-3) also helped sell me the MF. Also, I had and still have so many projects where the extra weight is going to be and has been great.

I think around here most property owners own somewhere between 5 & 15 acres (myself 12) so the smaller more compact NH is appealing because it is primarily used as a finish mower at most residences with the capability of doing some big (fun) tasks when called upon.

/ Has anyone seen Massey Ferguson tractors recently? #4  
MF has not done the advertising that other manufacturers do. Although it does seem to be picking up some. I am quite fond of mine!

/ Has anyone seen Massey Ferguson tractors recently? #5  
When I was in Nashville this spring I stopped at a dealer that has Mahindra's and Massey Ferguson's. The Massey's looked good but they were selling more Mahindra's than Massey's.

Solo

/ Has anyone seen Massey Ferguson tractors recently? #6  
Lots of MF ag tractors around here, 471s and bigger being used for highway mowing, and lots of 200 and 300 series around farms. Not a lot of compacts though. Even on the dealer lot it's the same, lots of ags, few compacts.

/ Has anyone seen Massey Ferguson tractors recently? #7  
It seems that tractor popularity is regional sometimes. Depending on what part of the country your are in, you see a brand in greater numbers. A family in my church that has farmed for years is split. Each of the kids have grown up and have their own operation. One daughter will only buy John Deere, whereas one son has a little bit of everything. He has Deere, McCormick and Kubota; whatever is a good price at the time. The nearest MF dealer for me is about 50 miles away. I think they are all great tractors, it just depends on the features and deal you like.

/ Has anyone seen Massey Ferguson tractors recently? #8  
It appears that MF has made a pretty big resurgance here in AZ. Dealerships that I never noticed are selling Masseys and most of the equipment rental outfits are carrying them as well.

/ Has anyone seen Massey Ferguson tractors recently? #9  
Duke4AZ said:
It appears that MF has made a pretty big resurgance here in AZ. Dealerships that I never noticed are selling Masseys and most of the equipment rental outfits are carrying them as well.

AGCO is revitalizing their product line...

Massey Ferguson Valtra Fendt AGCO Tractors Challenger Farmhand Gleaner Glencoe Hesston LOR*AL New Idea RoGator Spra-Coupe Sunflower TerraGator Tye White Planters Willmar SisuDiesel Engines

/ Has anyone seen Massey Ferguson tractors recently? #10  
The first tractor I bought for the business is a MF1433 (predecessor to the 1500 series).
Great tractor, I've had exactly 1 minor issue in 401 very hard hours. (which is a lot fewer than my much more expensive and newer NH)
Plus, as you note, it's heavier than most competing tractors a big plus.
I'd buy again.

I do think they (AGCO) is busy rebranding and getting them out there.