Price Check Price Help!

/ Price Help! #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hello Group:
After a few questions and great support from your side, I've finally decided to buy a compact tractor after all.

Now I need some guidance on pricing.

I was offered a Kubota 3010 with loader for $16.500

and a John Deere 4300 for about the same price.

I'm still unsure whether to opt for Hydrostatic or not.
Any suggestions.

other ideas what Brand/Models to look at?

Thanks for your help
MB

/ Price Help! #2  
MB,
I have a tractor with shuttle shift and a JD front mower with hydrostatic. I wish my tractor was hydrostatic. I love steping on the pedal to go, pushing harder to go faster and stopping when you get off the pedal. I think that the tractor would actually get more work done faster if it was hydrostatic.

Chris

/ Price Help! #3  
By asking wether to go hydrostactic vs. gear, you opened up a whole can of worms. The hydro vs. gear debate is one of the big ongoing arguments on the board, and can get quite heated at times. You will have people swear that hydro is beter hands down in all situations, and people say hydro is junk, get the gear. My advice to you is go to the dealer and test drive both, decide for your self which you like beter.

I personally like gear over hydro, but that is my opinion.

Ed King

/ Price Help! #4  
Product literature promotes hydro over gear if you're doing alot of repetitive forward/backward loader work. If this is your intent, think hydro as it'll likely be more efficient if saving time is a controlling parameter. But, expect to also pay about an extra $1K for this option.

/ Price Help! #5  
i vote for hydro!!! i like the ability to creep forward or backward and keep the rpms up.come to a rough spot, or thick grass or whatever, just let up on the pedal and go slower, no shifting or messing with the throttle. for loader work u can;t beat hydro.

/ Price Help! #6  
I vote hydro too. Your usage would dictate which is better for you though (regardless of what other people like). As said, repetetive forward/back motion (e.g. using the FEL), would push toward hydro. Operating in tight quarters likewise. However, if you are going down plant rows, or pulling a plow, or maybe even a boxblade, you might prefer a shuttle shift.

/ Price Help! #8  
Go hydro, the cost over time is negligible, ($1000/5yrs/12 months = $16.68), also if you go to sell it someday /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif, hydro seems to have a much higher resale (at least around here). Just my .02
Nick

/ Price Help!
Thanks for the input on Hydro.
I'm convinced and will spend additional $$$

MB

/ Price Help! #10  
4Paws,

You won't be disappointed. It's likely worth the extra $1K or so. You'll more than make up for it in time saved.