Farm Trac 360 dtc TLB vs Kioti dk40se TLB

/ Farm Trac 360 dtc TLB vs Kioti dk40se TLB #1  

Baranx4

Gold Member
I was surprised how close these two models are in price with the tlb combo within $500.00 Does anyone know if the front diff on the kioti is a limited slip? Dealer didn't know which I guess means no.

This would be for the father-in-law. Both dealers about the same distance from his location. We were going to get the farmtrac after my purchase of one this year but were driving past a kioti dealer two weeks ago and stopped in. Both models are comparable. Kioti is heavier. Both with same basic horsepower and pto hp. I did notice that the kioti comes with a larger backhoe but for his use it isn't really needed.

I haven't read anything major with issues with both models and with both there really isn't great resale but we're not spending JD money either.

Thanks in advance.

/ Farm Trac 360 dtc TLB vs Kioti dk40se TLB #2  
Don't know about the Kioti, but agree that it is probably not limited slip on the front.

Heavier is better with a backhoe. Also longer is better as that means the ability to make a longer trench, or dump spoils farther away or in a larger pile.

Both appear to have a fairly loyal following and not too many complaints.

jb

/ Farm Trac 360 dtc TLB vs Kioti dk40se TLB #3  
The Kioti is a more powerful (41hp vs. 39hp) and heavier (4,202 lbs vs. 3,050 lbs) tractor. The Kioti will have more standard features and the attachments such as loaders and backhoes are unmatched for capacity vs dollar. The Farmtrac does look like a tractor from the 80's which gives it a nice old farm tractor look but I doubt it's has the comfort of the Kioti.

Front End Loaders:
Lift capacity at pins: Kioti (2,761 lbs) - Farmtrac (2,100 lbs)
Maximum Lift Height: Kioti (107.8") - Farmtrac (96")
Digging depth below grade: Kioti (6.7") - Farmtrac (2")

Backhoes - Kioti(KB2475) * Farmtrac (4007)
Bucket diging force: Kioti (3,748 lbs) - Farmtrac (2,850lbs)
Digging depth: Kioti (94.4") - Farmtrac (78")
Reach from center to swing pivot: Kioti (136.1") - Farmtrac (98")

I didn't see anything about a warranty for the Farmtrac but the Kioti has a 2yr bumper to bumper warranty and a 4yr engine and driveline warranty. It sure is tough to beat the Kioti tractors, I wouldn't trade my CK20 for a brand new tractor of any color.

Good luck shopping!

/ Farm Trac 360 dtc TLB vs Kioti dk40se TLB #4  
Dmace said:
The Farmtrac does look like a tractor from the 80's which gives it a nice old farm tractor look but I doubt it's has the comfort of the Kioti.

What? I don't see it. The 360 is as modern in appearance and as comfortable as any Kioti. In fact, they're both made in Korea.

Welcome to Farmtrac

/ Farm Trac 360 dtc TLB vs Kioti dk40se TLB #5  
Farmtrac has a 3 year warranty.

and agree with Dbear, the Farmtrac is as goodlooking machine as the Kioti.

/ Farm Trac 360 dtc TLB vs Kioti dk40se TLB #6  
I was mostly referring to the tractors on the home page:
alltractors.jpg

When you put them side-by-side you can see that the Farmtrac just looks older. The square hood, lawn tractor seat, etc...

That's my opinion, to each his own...

/ Farm Trac 360 dtc TLB vs Kioti dk40se TLB #7  
Some see straggly hair and a skinny behind, others see Jennifer Aniston.

Both are comparable machines and of decent quality, either will work fine. Buy what you like and you will be happy!

jb

/ Farm Trac 360 dtc TLB vs Kioti dk40se TLB #8  
Dmace said:
I was mostly referring to the tractors on the home page:
alltractors.jpg

When you put them side-by-side you can see that the Farmtrac just looks older. The square hood, lawn tractor seat, etc...

That's my opinion, to each his own...

The Farmtrac has a Grammer seat. Fully adjustable suspension to suit different operator weights. To say the seat on a Farmtrac is a lawn tractor seat is totally absurd!

/ Farm Trac 360 dtc TLB vs Kioti dk40se TLB #9  
I own a DK40se HST and have been very pleased with it. I never looked at the Farm Trac but comparing the features and specs it does seem generally similar and certainly a modern tractor. The Kioti does seem to out spec it on several fronts (as noted above, also 16.8gpm hydraulic vs 12.8) but the Farm Trac has two rear remotes standard while the Kioti comes with one (extra about $300-350).

The Farm Trac is somewhere in between the Kioti DK35se and the 40se in specs. Looks like a very nice tractor.

/ Farm Trac 360 dtc TLB vs Kioti dk40se TLB #10  
john_bud said:
Some see straggly hair and a skinny behind, others see Jennifer Aniston.

jb

Afternoon JB,
Classic John ! :) Very well stated, she could sit on any of my tractors and make them look better than they do allready ! ;)