Feedback to Dealer

/ Feedback to Dealer #1  

MikePA

Super Moderator
Tractor
Had TC25D, now JD X310
A question for all the dealers...

When customers do not buy from you, do you want them to tell you why?

I ask this question because last week I called 4 dealers for prices on implements. In each case, I told the dealer what I wanted to do (mow 5 acres of pasture and dig fence post holes) and what kind of tractor I had (TC25D) and not which implements I wanted. Each dealer recommend a rotary mower and a post hole digger. Prices for the two implements ranged from $1,285 to almost $3,000. In some cases, the price difference was due to different brands. However, in some cases the higher priced dealer was charging more for the same brand and model, e.g., Woods BB60 prices ranged from $860 to $1,080.

/ Feedback to Dealer #2  
Good question MikePA - I am not a dealer, but depending on the dealer, I have gone back to many thru the years to tell them I have decided to buy elsewhere, and I tell them why if they have a mind to listen. I will do this for those dealers that impressed me as trying hard to do the best they could, and my intention is to help them understand why they lost a sale so perhaps they can learn from it. For the dealers that give me the feeling that I should be thanking them for the privilige of doing business with them, I don't bother.

Corm

/ Feedback to Dealer #3  
I recently priced tractors at several dealers, I talked to each of them each at least twice before buying. I wound up telling them all after I made my decision because I will feel much more comfortable calling on them for quotes or service in the future with this in the open. None of them counter offered, they said I got a good deal and would appreciate my concideration in the future. I was very impressed with all salesmen I dealt with and feel they appreciated my telling them. I got the benifit of keeping the door open to me at their respective dealerships.

/ Feedback to Dealer #4  
We like to know it helps us make improvements if they are needed. Feedback is always a good thing good or bad, if the feedback is about pricing there is not always something we can do about that, if the feedback involves a customer service issue or treatment issue we try to solve that problem on the spot to the customers satisfaction. Happy customers are your best advertising. Upset customers always tell more people why they are upset than the satisfied customer.

/ Feedback to Dealer #5  
<font color=blue> Upset customers always tell more people why they are upset than the satisfied customer.</font color=blue>

I agree. When I went into business an old contractor told me that for every good job I did I’d get two more and for every bad job I did I would lose ten. It has held pretty true for the last twenty years.

MarkV

/ Feedback to Dealer #6  
Mike,

Have had similar experience when recently shopping for a JD4710 package. From low to high, total tractor package prices varied by $3K. As an example on one implement, MX6 bush hog was low quoted at $1,800 and high quoted at $2,100. There is, for whatever reason, big discrepancies at these dealers and all the more reason to competitive shop.....a little extra leg work and tire wear up front, but yielding bigger monetary savings at the back end of this journey.