Tractor
    Kubota B2710

Default Rhino Tractor

What is a Rhino Tractor? A friend found one that he is interested in buying. FEL and backhoe included, 152 hours, $8,000.

Any thoughts?

Default Re: Rhino Tractor

Turfman, I really don't know anything about the Rhino, except that in '95 I was shopping for a tractor, looking for a good used one before I eventually bought a new one, and one Sunday, while driving past a dealer's lot, I noticed what I though was a couple of older, used tractors on the lot. I went back to look and they were both new, rusty, trashy looking, Chinese made Rhino tractors. I didn't look long.[img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Tractor
    1998 Kubota L2900GST

Rhino was a chinese tractor brand name. They were the biggest reason that chinese tractors are considered junk by most people who have been associated with them. When they went bankrupt they sold alot of units at auction as "new" when in truth they had been sitting in ocean flooded containers waiting for someone to buy them.

152 hours? Doesn't sound right. Have you talked to the guys over at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://worldcrossing.com/WebX?13@77.T1M8b4Pmoq1^8@.eec20e0>CTOA </A>? They could give you some good info on this unit.

$8,000 sounds high for a used Rhino. Parts are still available but I don't know for how long. The new Chinese imports are manufactured for the US market and are much better than past imports and well supported. For about $1k more, you can get that setup new with a warranty and a dealer to stand behind it.

Tractor
    Kubota B2710

Thanks to all for the information. I'll pass it along to my friend.

Kevin