Tractor buying "online"

/ Tractor buying "online" #1  

Anonymous Poster

Tractor buying \"online\"

I just wanted to find out if anybody's got any experiences with tractor purchases online and delivered over state borders e.g. TX to NC?

Thanks for your input

MB

/ Tractor buying "online" #2  
Re: Tractor buying \"online\"

MB,
Although it is something I have never done, you will find a wealth of discussion on the subject at the TBN. The biggest concern seems to be "after purchase service". There are plenty of members here who can shed more information on this matter, both Pro & Con. Good luck with your shopping.

/ Tractor buying "online" #3  
Re: Tractor buying

Carver has a lot of experiance selling tractors on the net. The money that you save on tax would be much more that the shipping costs from NC to wherever you are. My local dealer did give me a great deal (Emerich's Sales in Charlton NY), but I would have saved alittle more by going to Carver. If my dealer was not local or cooperative, I would have gotten it from Carver. I'm sure there are alot of other people who feel the opposite, but I will let them speak for themselves.

/ Tractor buying "online" #4  

I haven't bought a tractor online but I have bought alot of other equipment. There was never a problem with transportation. The truck drove right to the ranch and I unloaded whatever it was, signed the paper and that was it. You also save taxes doing it that way as well if you are not using the equipment for business use. I have always bought from reputable dealers as well. Never have had a problem.

/ Tractor buying "online" #6  
Re: Tractor buying

I ordered my B7500 from Carver and saved a good bit on the sales tax. The biggest difficulty, which due to my location ended up not being necessary, is figureing out how you will unload the new tractor from the flat bed semi trailer. After having my tractor for a while I noticed on two occasions that a couple of pins and clips which were currently not being used were missing. I gave them a call and both thime the parts were at my door within three days....excellent service. I even ordered a wear bar for my bucket from them without a bit of difficulty. My only concern, which has not reared its head yet, is what I will do if for some reason I need service. Fortunately for me I am within four hours from them and could get my rig there if it was necessary. Anyway, I hope this helps!

Jeff

/ Tractor buying "online" #8  

4paws:
I purchased a tractor from Carver three years ago and it was one of the easiest transactions I have ever made. I live in northern California and saved big bucks and time by getting the tractor from Steve. For me the tax savings and shipping were a push but if you live closer the savings could be substantial. Carver got the tractor to me two or three months faster than my local dealer and one heck of a lot cheaper. I had to hire a car carrier to unload the tractor because the rig it was on had no ramps and was to long to turn around in my place. Doing business with Steve was very easy and his people are knowledgeable and will give you what you want. I was promised a brush guard that was out of stock at the time but as soon as I called three weeks later, it was ups to me in four days. The man makes good on his promises.

/ Tractor buying "online" #9  

I bought a used tractor from a guy in Tx. on EBay. Paid him to truck it up to me and it was a decent deal all the way around.

Todd in Placerville

/ Tractor buying "online" #10  

I purchased a tractor from Steve Carver 2-3 years ago,It was a great transaction,I have also bought and sold tractors site onseen,I never had a bad experiance yet,Im sure thier will be a time,As far as dealers,I wouldnt hesitate to buy over the internet ,nobody wants to get bad mouthed,good PR is so much more valuable than bad,good luck with your purchase