Default Help w/ 55hp tractor -- New Member

I would appreciate some help choosing a tractor. I need to maintain 250 acres of fields. I have a dedicated backhoe. I am really looking for something to pull mowers, wagons, etc. I think I am looking for something in the 55 PTO HP range. I have bought used equipment in the past. If I can pull it off, I'd like to go with a new tractor. I hate to admit it, but I am looking for something with a nice comfortable cab.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

Default Re: Help w/ 55hp tractor -- New Member

Start with a dealer you like in your area, and talk to them about what you want. If no knowledge of a good dealer, then ask around or just go look at their operations - you can tell if they are busy or not, especially this time of year. If they are busy, then you can bet there is a reason. Also, look at the used and new equipment. Try to get some idea if its been there for months, or if there is good turnover of both.
    If the dealer happens to be a John Deere dealer, then look at the 5000 series for the HP and the cab you want. Others will have recommendations for other brands if the dealer isn't JD.

Do you have a budget in mind?

Any color or manufacturer preference...?

Do you want MFWD?

What implements do you own now you want to use with it...?

Check out the Kioti DK65 Cab. It is a well built tractor at a good price. It is built on a 90hp drive train except it uses a 65hp Perkins Diesel. Financing is available at good rates also.
    Ob1