Northern Tractor comparison

/ Northern Tractor comparison
Hmmm, here is what I got back from the people at China Depot. I hope this is not the same tractor as the Nortrac.

Hi Carey:
We have suspended selling Chinese tractors in the USA due to quality considerations and supplier problems.
Thanks,
Walter H. Barrett President,
www.chinadepot.com

/ Northern Tractor comparison #12  
I'm impressed by his honesty. No beating around the bush, quality and supplier problems.

/ Northern Tractor comparison #13  
I really don't think that is why he is not selling them. From what I've heard, a dealer of these Chinese tractors can only import 200 units per horsepower rating. Meaning, if you import 200 20 h.p. tractors, then that's all you're allowed. It has to do with EPA. But all aside, these are supposed to be pretty good tractors. I mean you get a WHOLE lot for the money. The Jinma brand is supposed to be China's best tractor. They are marketed under different names here in the U.S. A dealer can name a Jinma whatever he pleases. I'd like to have about 20 of them to sell and call them "studly" tractors. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Northern Tractor comparison #14  
I really don’t think that is the reason that he quite them either. I don't think that there is a limit like that. My friends at Agracat import 100 tractors at a time. Some months they receive at least 200 per month. I think that within the next year or so the only new Jinma dealer in the states will be Agracat.

/ Northern Tractor comparison #15  
CareyB
If you are interested in the Avenger tractors by DFAM,I have the 38 horsepower tractors in stock,8 speed trans,live pto,2 stage clutch,direct injection 3 cylinder diesel,wheel weights,rear work lights and a Koyker 160 loader,1500 lbs lift capasity,Rops,1 yr mfg parts warranty 11,900.00,yes you dont get the tilt wheel,drink holder and the labor warranty but you do get into a strong nofrills workhorse at a fair price

Attachments

• 46-121071-AV384LOADD1.jpg
    46-121071-AV384LOADD1.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 154
   / Northern Tractor comparison #16  
carey: can understand the need to conserve funds, but sometime less expensive, is not less expensive.u may be better off getting a used one(proven record). i bought mine used froman out of state dealer, saved the sales tax and got one heck of a machine.of course state line for me was only 70 mi. away, your case may be differnent. i found mine at
www.ironsolutions.com then click on used and type in what u think u are looking for. never know what will pop up. hope this helps.

/ Northern Tractor comparison #17  
There's loopholes around just about anything. But in fact, there is a limit. I looked into importing these tractors to U.S. I have been on the phone with EPA officials. Have all of their faxes too. The limit is as said above. Now that's the legal way of doing it. Like I said, there are ways around it. Those Agracat's are the same as the ones at Northern Tool. Their both Jinma tractors. EPA came up with alot of jargon in 2000. So alot of dealers are importing new 2002 tractors with 1999 engine tags to bypass the EPA emissions standards

/ Northern Tractor comparison #18  
The Northern Tractors are Jinma. I also looked at them. The price is good, but there are some bad stories about reliability. I would also ask you to think about the potential for resale before you buy. All of us tractor lovers know how well Kubota, Ford/New Holland and JD hold their resale value. If you ever try to sell the Chinese tractor, you may find that one of the big three might actually be cheaper to own in the long run.

/ Northern Tractor comparison #19  
but price is still a major constraint

You will pay more for Kubota, Deere or Holland, but if you finance, you'll pay much less per month!

Why can these companies do this?

It's because the resale is so good.

Bottom line: Your net worth is less affected. Now, which is more expensive?

Buck

/ Northern Tractor comparison #20  
Careyb,

If you are looking for info on Jinma and Nortracs, please see my website: http://johnstractor.homestead.com/
Please check-out the survey results and the "General Jinma Info". I have not heard from any disatisfied Nortrac owners. 2thdocs issues were also discussed here: http://worldcrossing.com/WebX?14@222.aTIcdvrbgwj^2761@.ef183a8
His Jinma was sold by a chain outlet store. As already stated, they are not for everyone.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me.