Northern Tractor comparison

/ Northern Tractor comparison #31  
Mr Sweet, welcome to TBN! I've checked out your web site. Impressive. I wish you were closer to me, I'd love to walk around your place and look at what you have. Those Century tractors look real interesting.

Corm

/ Northern Tractor comparison #32  
I have seen all the different models and the Terra cyclone was very nice. The only platform tractor in the bunch. The factory shut down for retooling when they were bought by Ford and Izuzu China. Plan to have tractors rolling this fall. With Ford and Izuzu writing the checks it could be a really nice tractor.

/ Northern Tractor comparison
John,
That's funny. You deleted it here but Hal left it up on his site (with the disclaimer that you need to read every post and contact the individuals before making a decision). That was a pretty exciting thread for a tractor forum and a real eye opener.

It did not turn me away from chinese tractors mind you. The analytical part of me (with several spreadsheets & the wife's support) decided that although I don't mind working on tractors & such, right now I'd rather spend almost twice as much $ and less TIME dealing with any tractor issues. I'm just putting in too many hours at work to find the time for it.

If I had less money and more time there is no doubt in my mind that the Jinma or Northern version would be tops on the list of tractors I'd be looking at.

Thanks for pointing me to that, its good to see ALL sides of a story (or at least most of them).

/ Northern Tractor comparison #35  
I had a pointer to that thread, but once that I participated in it, decided it was not appropriate to be calling attention to it.

/ Northern Tractor comparison #36  
<font color=blue>Hmmm, here is what I got back from the people at China Depot. I hope this is not the same tractor as the Nortrac.

Hi Carey:
We have suspended selling Chinese tractors in the USA due to quality considerations and supplier problems.
Thanks,
Walter H. Barrett President,
www.chinadepot.com </font color=blue>

A month after making this announcement, Barrett is selling Jinma tractors again. It makes you wonder what the real problem was.

/ Northern Tractor comparison #37  
Walt knows when there a market for a product. He also knows where the quality is in chinese products.

Welcome back to Jinmas, Walt.

Vince

/ Northern Tractor comparison #38  
And I hope history does not repeat itself.