Help me spend$$$$

/ Help me spend$$$$ #1  

jim_n_nh

Silver Member
Tractor
LK3054XS Kioti
OK, 12 hours ago I sold my Tractor... I want another. Here are the requirements. 24-45HP, 4WD, Loader with BobCat quick detack, possibly a backhoe. A Cab would would be nice like curtis or Sims (I don't need AC). I don't mind gear but would take a hydro. Under 1000 hrs. Please PM me with any leads.

Jim

/ Help me spend$$$$ #3  
I have to laugh! Your requirements encompass about every SCUT and CUT made in the past 10-15 years.

The only thing you exclude are powershift transmissions! And if you are grouping them with the "gear" label you don't even exclude them.

Possibly a bit more narrow set of requirements? Maybe if you list what the machine will be expected to do....

jb

/ Help me spend$$$$ #4  
You just sold a tractor... Why? I'll guess and say it was below 24 hp :confused: What is your price range? ...that would also be a narrowing factor...

/ Help me spend$$$$
Well,

I am pretty open to what I buy. I was actually looking for someone in the area that wanted to sell their tractor or knew of someone that was selling. I have owned a 1986 ford 1710 4wd with loader that I sold here and I just sold my 2003 MF 1428 4wd with loader. I sold my brush hog and backblade with the Massey. If I stay the same size or slighly smaller it can go in the garage still. Much bigger and it needs a cab and stays outside. I didn't mean to be funny, just flexable. I put about a 1000 hours on the 1710 and only 80 on the Massey.

I was watching the New Hampshire craigslist and saw an individual advertise his MF 1428 with slightly more hours for 13.9K. To be funny I copied his add, but my name in and asked 12.5K for the 2003 1428, loader, brush hog and backblade. The first guy that came to see it, bought it.

I paid 10.7 for the tractor 2 years ago and it had 23hr on it. I bought out the loan. I owned the tractor for two years, and got rid of my beat howse brush hog for the price I paid for it.

So once again I wasn't trying to be "Funny" or make people "Laugh". If you are flexable more oppourtunities come your way. I always have had gear tractor for the past 40 years but I am willing to have a hydro, I just don't require it.

Jim

/ Help me spend$$$$
Well, I thought someone would have replied. Maybe an individual that did not get what they wanted on an offer from a dealer. Case in point, dealers offered me $8000 for the 1428, I got 11,000. I will be buying within a month wether I go new or used. The generations of frugal Yankees in my genetic makeup insist that I buy used if possible:)

/ Help me spend$$$$
I bought a 2005 lk30 Kioti today. It has 147 hours, loader and a 8ft backhoe with a canopy. Standard trans with a shuttle shift. I might have been all over the board according to some but O put my money where my mouth is. I just tried to been open about what I was looking for. While some here thought I was all over the spectrum, I bought when many other people just talk. And, by the way, I paid off his loan!!!

Jim

/ Help me spend$$$$ #8  
Good luck with the tractor.. but you may want to turn down the attitude from '8' to about 3 or 4...

We were just trying to understand why you sold a tractor.. then bought another one somewhat similar in size / capability.

Around here we give advice on what tractor to purchase based on intended duties it will have.. .. which.. you really didn't fill in too much.

Glad you could pay off the loan.

soundguy

/ Help me spend$$$$ #9  
It also helps to define where Here is. Your post indicated you sold your New Holland. And you had liked it so well that you used NH in your screen name. That's how I read it. I was ready to suggest that you disclose a location, or region, to improve the quality of replies. (And I looked in your profile before posting that, but you were not disclosing your location in the Location field).

It wasn't until 3 people helped you focus your search that your needs, and location, became more specific. Then you complain nobody is taking you as seriously as you take yourself. Could be.

/ Help me spend$$$$
When I sold the MF it was sort of a joke. A guy in the next town posted the same tractor for alot more money on craigslist. I copied his ad, lowered the price and got a buyer within a week. I sold it for more than I had into it so I am happy. In my wish list which I stated a broad area of potential purchases.

I bought two year old Kioti LK3054 tractor, 147 hours with an 8ft backhoe, loaded tires and a canopy, in essence I will end up with a free backhoe. And I did help a guy get out of a loan since his job disappeared. He had alot of tire kickers but no serious buyers.

If I added a backhoe to the MF I would have been another six grand into the tractor that I would not got out of it on resale. It was at the point with buying the backhoe I could have rented machinery for the same cost as buying the backhoe.

My reply was directed at one individual who appears to be a email warrior. If he asked some questions (maybe in a PM) I would have responded differently. The NH in my name is for New Hampshire. When I registered the Jim_in_NH was taken but Jim_n_NH was not. My final comment is, treat me kindly and you will get that in return.

Jim