Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Former Owner PowerTrac 425 (September 2003)

Default Re: Buying insurance

Interesting, I thought that is what a person buys a rider for.
    Paul

Tractor
    NH TC33D

I also have an inland marine policy that covers everything in addtion to the general liability of my home owners. If I remember right, it was around $100 per year...
    Maybe if I drive it across Lake Erie, it would be covered also... [img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    New BX2200 4-3-02 (traded 6-08) new B2620 06-08

Well, This was a surprise. My State farm Agent said the Homeowners would cover for theft and liability but I could get a rider policy. Geez, only 2.75 per 100.00 just like someone else said. After reading this discussion I am going to call him tomorrow and ask about the Inland Marine thing like someone else mentioned........ This just reinforces my feelings.... Insurance Companies have a license to steal. But, what the **** do you do without it? It's a catch 22......

Tom

Tractor
    Deere 5520 MFWD

I have insurance through the Texas Farm Bureau and for about 42k in equipment, I think that it runs about $60.00 per year. I do not know if there are similar organizations in your areas, but I think that this rate is pretty hard to beat. I will call my agent tomorrow and find out who underwrites the policy, and see if they are national or just regional.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK35 HST

If you use your tractor, especially with a backhoe, for hire would you need special "dig" insurance in case you hit a utility service?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    New Holland 1920

Frosty, I looked into commercial insurance for my NH 1920 and was told I could get a landscape policy for $350-400, when I mentioned the backhoe the estimate was between $1500-2000.

Bill C

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12