Buying insurance

/ Buying insurance #11  
Interesting, I thought that is what a person buys a rider for.
Paul

/ Buying insurance #12  
I also have an inland marine policy that covers everything in addtion to the general liability of my home owners. If I remember right, it was around $100 per year...
Maybe if I drive it across Lake Erie, it would be covered also... /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Buying insurance #13  
Well, This was a surprise. My State farm Agent said the Homeowners would cover for theft and liability but I could get a rider policy. Geez, only 2.75 per 100.00 just like someone else said. After reading this discussion I am going to call him tomorrow and ask about the Inland Marine thing like someone else mentioned........ This just reinforces my feelings.... Insurance Companies have a license to steal. But, what the hell do you do without it? It's a catch 22......

Tom

/ Buying insurance #14  
I have insurance through the Texas Farm Bureau and for about 42k in equipment, I think that it runs about $60.00 per year. I do not know if there are similar organizations in your areas, but I think that this rate is pretty hard to beat. I will call my agent tomorrow and find out who underwrites the policy, and see if they are national or just regional.

/ Buying insurance #15  
If you use your tractor, especially with a backhoe, for hire would you need special "dig" insurance in case you hit a utility service?

/ Buying insurance #16  
Frosty, I looked into commercial insurance for my NH 1920 and was told I could get a landscape policy for $350-400, when I mentioned the backhoe the estimate was between $1500-2000.

Bill C