Bobcat Compact Tractor

/ Bobcat Compact Tractor #1  

davitk

Platinum Member
The new Bobcat CUT (say Kioti) is here, well, almost. 21, 25 and 30 hp 3 cylinder white red and black tractors......

Anybody here think it would be dumb to be the first guy to get one dirty?

:D

/ Bobcat Compact Tractor #2  
What I am wondering about is whether or not the market is growing enough to sustain all the newer brands - Kioti, Mahindra, Bobcat, CubCadet/Yanmar.

I would doubt that it is growing that much year over year so most of them will have to compete for existing big 3 customers.

I wonder how many of the new brands will last 10-15 years from now.

/ Bobcat Compact Tractor #3  
davitk said:
The new Bobcat CUT (say Kioti) is here, well, almost. 21, 25 and 30 hp 3 cylinder white red and black tractors......

Anybody here think it would be dumb to be the first guy to get one dirty?

:D

They are built by Kioti and virtually identical to the Kioti CK20, CK25 and CK30's except for paint and FEL. Assembled in the same factory. The Kioti's are excellent and there are lots of them out there already. Not much of a risk except for the FEL. I don't think the loader is as strong as the one sold by Kioti but if you like white rather than orange I don't think there is much risk.

/ Bobcat Compact Tractor #4  
canoetrpr said:
What I am wondering about is whether or not the market is growing enough to sustain all the newer brands - Kioti, Mahindra, Bobcat, CubCadet/Yanmar.

I would doubt that it is growing that much year over year so most of them will have to compete for existing big 3 customers.

I wonder how many of the new brands will last 10-15 years from now.

If you had any idea how many people are constantly looking for cheaper new or good used compact tractors then you would know the market is there for these brands to come in. Sell their machines cheap the first couple years to help establish the brand then slowly raise the price much like all newer companies do. I think the new Cub Cadet/Yanmar line will sell well, Kioti and Mahindra seem to be doing well and Bobcat is just about to get started. If these companies have smart tractor people making decisions then they should do ok. One other important thing is to make sure there is a good dealer network and keep tractors on the lot for customers to see in person.

When Mahindra had its first dealership open up here people who have never owned a new tractor in their life decided they could afford the Mahindra as it was considerably cheaper then comparable JD, CNH and Kubota tractors here.

/ Bobcat Compact Tractor
I do have a birthday coming up...... :D

Attachments

• bobtractorA-compressed_2.jpg
    bobtractorA-compressed_2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 3,326
   / Bobcat Compact Tractor #6  
Robert_in_NY said:
If you had any idea how many people are constantly looking for cheaper new or good used compact tractors then you would know the market is there for these brands to come in. Sell their machines cheap the first couple years to help establish the brand then slowly raise the price much like all newer companies do. I think the new Cub Cadet/Yanmar line will sell well, Kioti and Mahindra seem to be doing well and Bobcat is just about to get started. If these companies have smart tractor people making decisions then they should do ok. One other important thing is to make sure there is a good dealer network and keep tractors on the lot for customers to see in person.

This is true, however people do seem to overlook that companies do come AND go in this business all the time. These are not the first, they won't be the last, and they all won't survive long term. This is not a growth industry any more, I'm also surprised to see Bob Cat taking a crack at it, especialy considering that some of the other products that they've handled this way have not gone so well for them. I think the Cub/Yanmar thing could really workout long term. Both companies have the reputation to really make an impact.

/ Bobcat Compact Tractor #7  
davitk said:
I do have a birthday coming up...... :D

Sure is purdy but they painted the wheels the wrong colour. Other than that, sharp looking tractor. What kind of warranty does it come with ??

Vic

/ Bobcat Compact Tractor
Sketchy info, so far. According to dealer 24 mos or 2,000 hrs full, 36 mos or 2,000 hours driveline. Kioti offers 48 mos driveline for the same tractor.....

/ Bobcat Compact Tractor #9  
MessickFarmEqu said:
This is true, however people do seem to overlook that companies do come AND go in this business all the time. These are not the first, they won't be the last, and they all won't survive long term. This is not a growth industry any more, I'm also surprised to see Bob Cat taking a crack at it, especialy considering that some of the other products that they've handled this way have not gone so well for them. I think the Cub/Yanmar thing could really workout long term. Both companies have the reputation to really make an impact.

Hi Neil, I was surprised when I heard Bobcat was going to sell compact tractors also. I have always liked the Bobcat brand of mini excavators and as a result kind of been rooting for them with the rest of their products. So I do hope these new tractors sell well but I have my doubts as in this area the only local Bobcat dealer has recently started selling Kubota tractors and has been investing and expanding heavily in that venture. I would be surprised to see a Bobcat tractor for sale there as they don't even have much in the way of Bobcat skidsteers or excavators (the last time I went by there was one of each in the side lot). If I recall, most of the big Bobcat dealers are located in the cities which seems to work for selling construction equipment but I wonder how it works for selling compact tractors.

/ Bobcat Compact Tractor #10  
Just to make it clear, Bobcat was sold to the company that makes Kioti tractors. It only makes sense for them to sell tractors now that look, feel and taste like Kioti tractors.

Cliff