Mahindra or Kioti

/ Mahindra or Kioti #1  

kh48

I am looking at one of the following compacts to buy one is kioti ck20s gear 4wd and the other is mahindra 2415 gear 4wd both have fel and bh the kioti has a woods bh with there new 4 point mount and a curved boom bh6000. the mahindra has a straight boom with sub frame 1710b. mahindra 16,900 and the kioti 18,600 and I will get 5,000 for my kioti LB1914 with fel and 4wd and 142 hrs. I'm looking for feedback on the two units and which might be better and the price i was given for my tractor thanks ken

/ Mahindra or Kioti #2  
Those are both excellent tractors. I am more familiar with the CK20 as I owned one albeit with a Kioti BH. The Woods BH is actually an advantage though as the subframe is smaller. I haven't checked on the specifications of the Mahindra loader but the Kioti KL120b loader is excellent and has the best or near the best lifting power of CUTs in that 22-25hp range. The Woods BH is a top performer though not much different than Kioti's own KB2465...I don't know how the Mahindra BH compares.

Given the $1700 price difference I might lean towards the Mahindra so long as the performance specs were close. You cannot go wrong with the CK though, and there may be some features like the suspension seat or loader power that could make up a good deal of that price difference. Kioti comes with a total of 4 year warranty which might be an advantage to consider as well.

/ Mahindra or Kioti #3  
The Mahindra backhoe is probably a Bradco, they are about the best of the best when it comes to breakout power.

/ Mahindra or Kioti #4  
I have a Mahindra 2415, and I recommend it highly! For it's size, it is quite a machine. It weighs 1819 alone, and 2445 with the ML 105 loader.

This tractor (and engine) is made in Japan by Mitsubishi. I've become well-versed in manufacturing processes, quality control, sub-contractor relations, etc. The Japanese quality is unrivaled; in fact, this was a major factor in my choosing of the Mahindra 15 series.

Although this red beast could use a tool box, cup-holder, and retracting seat belts (they don't retract), it has numerous noteworthy features. The shuttle-shift 8x8 gearing is great. The 15" medium-back seat is comfy. The engine lid is easy to raise, and the engine side panels easily pop off for full access for cleaning & maintenance. The front frame is constructed so you can hang suitcase weights, when you have "parked" the loader and are mowing, for example. The cockpit floor has a nice rubber mat.

The excellent ML 105 loader weighs about 620 lbs and is made in Kansas by American workers. It can lift 1050 lbs to full height. It has quick-attach hose fittings, and can be parked in about 5 minutes. The bucket is 48" wide and has a nice red paintjob.

The 2415 is like a Mahindra 2015 on steriods. The 3-pt can lift 2205 lbs (at the lift pins). The instrument panel has a modern look and is very functional. This thing is stout --- during engine break-in I pulled some heavy ground engaging implements, and wow, it really pulls even with industrial tires. So far, I'm very well impressed with it......

/ Mahindra or Kioti #5  
With those performance figures the Mahindra 2415 deal looks great. Performance looks identical to the CK20. Again, I've never compared the red one to the orange one but with similar performance and $1700 bucks to invest in implements (got grapple?) the red one seems like a pretty good choice. Last thing to do is to sit in them and drive them around a bit to compare ergonomics.

One other consideration: rumor has it that if you get a red one you have to blow dry and polish it every night. The orange ones are happy even if put to bed dirty;).

/ Mahindra or Kioti #6  
kh48 said:
I am looking at one of the following compacts to buy one is kioti ck20s gear 4wd and the other is mahindra 2415 gear 4wd both have fel and bh the kioti has a woods bh with there new 4 point mount and a curved boom bh6000. the mahindra has a straight boom with sub frame 1710b. mahindra 16,900 and the kioti 18,600 and I will get 5,000 for my kioti LB1914 with fel and 4wd and 142 hrs. I'm looking for feedback on the two units and which might be better and the price i was given for my tractor thanks ken

Both are very capable. The Mahindra 2015 gear is a closer match to the Ck20. Both are very strong machines, both are high quality. I like the idea of staying with the factory backhoe for warranty reasons, even though the Woods is an excllent backhoe.

With those disclaimers, at that price I'd get the Mahindra. More HP, factory backhoe (made by KMW in Kansas, the larger units are made by Bradco), and the tractor is made in Japan by Mitsubishi.

Sounds like the Mahindra is being sold below dealer cost, so I would double check that price. I'd expect it to be $18,500 to $18,900.