Cat cash back!

/ Cat cash back! #1  

lawn_king

Veteran Member
Tractor
kubota L 3540 hsdc,B 2320 hsdc & lots of other stuff!
Cat has a huge promotion going on right now on compact equipment. 2 - 10 thousand cash back. The challenger line of compact tractors are nice machines.

/ Cat cash back!
Builder said:
I'd love to have a Challenger/cab/4x4....'bout 50 HP.
Agreed, the factory cabs on the mid size challengers are real nice! I think working snow in a new factory cab machine would be sweet!

/ Cat cash back! #4  
After looking at what Challenger offers, they have some things Kubota doesn't in the compact series. For example, when you apply the brakes in 4x2 mode, the Challenger automatically applies traction to the front wheels increasing the tractors braking ability.

Also, the 4x4 & rear locker are actuated by an electric solenoid switch rather than an old manual pedal or lever. I think the warranty might be longer, too.

I'm not saying they're better than Kubota, but AGCO is one of the biggest tractor companies (if not the biggest) in the world, so they can definately compete with Kubota. ;)

/ Cat cash back!
They are both fine machines, im sold on kubota because i need lots of power with a light footprint. I would buy a challenger in a heartbeat if i needed a mid size, heavy compact! Cat customer service is the very best there is! If you have a machine under warranty break down, they are usually on site to repair the machine in just a few hours!

/ Cat cash back! #6  
Shows me how little I know. I had no idea they had a line of compact equipment. Look like really nice tractors.

Do you know who maufactures them? I imagine that Cat had these built/customized to the specs they wanted - or do they build then on their own?

/ Cat cash back!
I believe agco manufactures them. Heavy duty quality tractors with cat backing. Most come through with perkins diesels!

/ Cat cash back! #8  
   / Cat cash back! #9  
lawn_king said:
I believe agco manufactures them. Heavy duty quality tractors with cat backing. Most come through with perkins diesels!

I can't say I've seen much of the Challenger tractors, but we've had two used ones though in the last 6 months, both recent lower hour models. I was not real impressed, they offered a few nice features but overall it was very old technology. One even had a pump bolted off the front of the machine to run the loader, that kinda went away a good 30 years ago.

As always, just my biased opinion.

/ Cat cash back! #10  
I have a buddy that bought one last year, he seems to like it just fine. Apparently they are priced to sell.