Buy now or later

/ Buy now or later #11  
As others have said model year doesn't matter at all except to Yuppies.

Andy

/ Buy now or later #12  
Sleepy Ford said:
tractors are all manufactured overseas.
My tractor was manufactured in Georgia, USA. Greg

/ Buy now or later #13  
son69 said:
I tried that already. My dealer can't quote me a price on a 2008 model until the 2008 pricing comes out. I have to take posession by the end of the year to get the price i was quoted and to get the current financing. I talked to another dealer and they told me that there is no real difference in years, that if i ordered one in early 08 it most likley was built in 07. Dealer said they consider the year of the machine when it was sold to the customer and not when it was born.

Say a tractor "born, as you say in 2007", is bought by you in 2008. So you go to the dealer for parts, and he asks what year it is, I don't think you will get the right part by giving him the "buy" date. I realize that model and sn will probably be needed, but just going by the year is kind of fishy. IMO.

/ Buy now or later #14  
BTDT said:
Say a tractor "born, as you say in 2007", is bought by you in 2008. So you go to the dealer for parts, and he asks what year it is, I don't think you will get the right part by giving him the "buy" date. I realize that model and sn will probably be needed, but just going by the year is kind of fishy. IMO.

What you say does seem right... but I'm not sure it is. I have heard numerous times that in fact the year model is determined by the date of sale and not the date of manufactor. I regularly order part for tractors and heavy equipment. If the model number doesn't tell the parts guy what they need to know... the first thing they say is that they need the serial number... nobody ever asks what year model it is.

/ Buy now or later #15  
If there's something on the lot that you like and it's still there come late January to mid-February; your chances of getting a good price on the tractor will be high. Especially if you pay cash. Of course, it'll be a previous year leftover; not that it matters much.

This seems to work best for Ag equipment here in the snow belt.
Bob

/ Buy now or later
The dealer said that most everything goes by serial number. He ordered some in sept and they won't be in until feb but they would be built 07 but sold in 08 as new machine, not a leftover. he went on to say that produce these batches and dealers may get one that has a serial number that ends in say 245( 245th in that run) say in arpil. then order more in august and get early number ones say 089 bc they shipped from another location. I guess i am so used to the way cars and trucks work, tractors are a whole different ballgame.

/ Buy now or later #17  
I am looking at a Kioti tractor, I was told the 07 and 08 machine that I am considering are identical... except that the 08's will cost $1000.00 more. Higher cost blamed on higher costs of steel and transportation. I am trying to find what I need now... to save the money and be able to use it to help move snow... if it gets here.

/ Buy now or later #18  
390GT said:
My tractor was manufactured in Georgia, USA. Greg

I appreciate the sentiment, but your tractor, unless very old, was assembled in Georgia, but it was manufactured by the Japanese. And please believe me, that does not make me happy. I can't help but believe, if the Stars and Bars were flying, we wouldn't have that sort of problem.

/ Buy now or later #19  
Sleepy Ford said:
I appreciate the sentiment, but your tractor, unless very old, was assembled in Georgia, but it was manufactured by the Japanese. And please believe me, that does not make me happy. I can't help but believe, if the Stars and Bars were flying, we wouldn't have that sort of problem.
Manufactured, assembled, to me they are the same. I know the parts that make up the tractor are from all over the world. Engine is Japanese. Last I knew New Holland belonged to Fiat (Italian). The statement that the tractor was manufactured by the Japanese in not accurate. Greg