Buy now or later

/ Buy now or later #1  

son69

Tractor
Kubota l3400hst
I am trying to decide weather or not to purchase a new tractor now or wait until spring when i need it. I realize the price may be a little more in the spring, but i am thinking a 08 vs 07 may bring more in resale, like autos. Is this true? Does the year really even matter or is the hours more of a determining factor. If price is within $500 or $600 is it worth waiting. You advise is appreciated.

/ Buy now or later #2  
son69 said:
I am trying to decide weather or not to purchase a new tractor now or wait until spring when i need it. I realize the price may be a little more in the spring, but i am thinking a 08 vs 07 may bring more in resale, like autos. Is this true? Does the year really even matter or is the hours more of a determining factor. If price is within $500 or $600 is it worth waiting. You advise is appreciated.

Depends...do they have one on the lot they are DYING to sell???

You can always find jobs for a tractor...even in the winter...:D

/ Buy now or later
They don't have on in stock, they will have to find one. I am concerned weather the price will increase a lot between now and spring. If it is only a couple hundred i would wait and order in the spring. If it is a grand or more i will buy now. Do the prices increase a lot from year to year, or do they stay close to the same. For the same price i would rather a 08 model vs 07. Thanks for the response.

/ Buy now or later #4  
08 will carry price increases. Local dealer says NH TN series, or whatever it will be next year (4000 series?), will increase about $3000. Not all lines will carry this amount of increase, as TN will upgrade to 4 cyl. engines.

/ Buy now or later #5  
If you know what you want... I'd go ahead and buy. Year model really doesn't matter on resale. There are a bunch of people who couldn't even tell you what year model their tractor is. Hours and condition are more important.

/ Buy now or later #6  
I'd wait. The small tractor market in North America is showing signs of softening, which means bigger incentives, more 0% interest offers, and new model year discounts.

/ Buy now or later #7  
The dollar is in such a free-fall lately and tractors are all manufactured overseas, it would seem prudent to take the bird in the hand rather than hope for two in the bush.

/ Buy now or later #8  
dgl24087 said:
08 will carry price increases. Local dealer says NH TN series, or whatever it will be next year (4000 series?), will increase about $3000. Not all lines will carry this amount of increase, as TN will upgrade to 4 cyl. engines.

That is interesting as it would put the TN's in the same price range as the JD 5X25 series.

/ Buy now or later #9  
I have to agree with the other posters except for one little thing
If ya snooze, Ya lose :(
and it's happened to me more times than I can count, please give it some thought and I would go with the 2008 with a deposit NOW to lock in the price!!
Jim
:)

/ Buy now or later
I tried that already. My dealer can't quote me a price on a 2008 model until the 2008 pricing comes out. I have to take posession by the end of the year to get the price i was quoted and to get the current financing. I talked to another dealer and they told me that there is no real difference in years, that if i ordered one in early 08 it most likley was built in 07. Dealer said they consider the year of the machine when it was sold to the customer and not when it was born.