Looking for advise from Owners

/ Looking for advise from Owners #11  
MossRoad said:
Yeah, man!!! :D

I am 6' tall with size 13 feet. I actually have to move the seat forward a couple notches when operating it for long stints. It is small and compact. I can stand next to it and my nose rests on the top of the canopy.
PT425AndMe.jpg

Here's a link to a bunch of videos of me and my PT in action. :)

Well, we'll return this thread to the OP's question...and I guess I'll wander over to the Power-trac forum and ask some questions there...:D

/ Looking for advise from Owners
Well, after more looking I have narrowed down my choices to a JD 2305 or the 2320. The JD seemed to fit better, had the brake on the left side, loader control and a few other things. Now I'm just down to is the extra cost of the 2320 the better choice.

Scott

/ Looking for advise from Owners #13  
MossRoad said:
Yeah, man!!! :D

I am 6' tall with size 13 feet. I actually have to move the seat forward a couple notches when operating it for long stints. It is small and compact. I can stand next to it and my nose rests on the top of the canopy.
PT425AndMe.jpg

Here's a link to a bunch of videos of me and my PT in action. :)
Way cool. Thanks for introducing me to this fine looking machine with your web site. Great site and it looks like a very useful machine.

/ Looking for advise from Owners #14  
Go the bigger route, and you won't look back.

/ Looking for advise from Owners #15  
Given the needs listed on page #1 of this thread, I think the 2305 will do everything you need and more. My needs are quite similar and we have similar acreage. I have the 62" MMM, 47" front-mount snowblower and 200CX loader. It does everything I need - it's suprising at times!!!

If you need the extra ground clearance you might think about the 2320, but it has the same engine as the 2305. It also has a foldable ROPS if that is important, but you can get an aftermarket one for ~$300 (or less).

Bigger is nicer and if you have the extra few grand laying around, go for it. If I were to make that next step (I don't need to at this time) I'd jump right to the 2520 and be done with it.

For you, I'd advise that you stick with the 2305.

Good Luck!

Scott

/ Looking for advise from Owners
Well, I had decided that the 2320 was what I was going to buy, then the dealer lists a 2305 with 5 hours on it, 200cx, 62" MMM and R4's for $12,900.

I'm thinking the saving would pay for a BH.....

/ Looking for advise from Owners #17  
It sounds like you found your soulmate then. I am not completely familiar with the exact specs on the 2305, 2320, and 2520. You should check out the JD forum before making the final jump(although the offer on the table might be hard to pass up for you). I believe two sticking points come to mind with the 2305 vs. either the 2320 or 2520...
1. Some have noted the low ground clearance and an oddly placed tranny cooling fan(ie. some have been hit/broken easily) make for some CURSING.
2. The step up in hydraulic capacity from the 2305 is apparently appreciated, maybe not so much now as in the future.
Just somethin' to chew on if it's not too late and may still have some bearing on your descision. Happy hunting...

/ Looking for advise from Owners #18  
I looked hard at the 2305, it sounds like a perfect match for what you describe. I've read about this cooling fan issue. I assume it's an off-road problem, which kind of aggravates me that my dealer did not mention it considering that I was buying for 99.9% woods/off-road use. Driving over logs and rocks and such. I ended up with a 790 because I wanted more PTO HP, but I wouldn't want it as a yard tractor.

/ Looking for advise from Owners #19  
kernal said:
Well, I had decided that the 2320 was what I was going to buy, then the dealer lists a 2305 with 5 hours on it, 200cx, 62" MMM and R4's for $12,900.

I'm thinking the saving would pay for a BH.....

When you get it home, post a few pictures! Everyone here loves pictures.......

/ Looking for advise from Owners #20  
Hate to jump in late, but had you thought about used? Might be able to get more machine for less money. Just a thought.