Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S

Default Re: Buy now or wait??

I am SO glad I'm not the only one to fall for the price point syndrome! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Pete

<font color=blue>Anyone got anything on value of new vs. new?</font color=blue>

Chris, I've mentioned (several times) that in '95, I bought a new B7100 with FEL for $10,850. Four years later, and nearly 500 hours, the dealer bought it back for $8,000. Then in '99, I bought a new B2710 with FEL for $15,500 plus $295 for a canopy. I stopped to visit with the dealer this morning and he told me his book (which he said isn't always too reliable) showed that the tractor (353 hours on it), loader, and canopy should sell for $14,081. Of course, he also mentioned something I already knew; that sales of used tractors are being hurt by the low interest rates available on new ones. So, yes, they depreciate, but not nearly as bad as a car does.

Tractor
    TC40D,woods M2050 ztr

Is there a chance you could talk your wife into selling a kidney so you could buy a new tractor with loader, just a thought. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif[/img]

She said NO.

But, she has to sleep somtime.

[img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar 186D

Bird,
    I like to read the tractor adds in the farm news. I haven't noticed much of a drop in the prices of used compacts. In fact I can hardly believe how much the JD dealer is asking for the used compacts on his lot. I do notice more early JD compacts available but everyone wants good money for them. Sometimes I have to take what the sales people say with a grain of salt. When I bought my truck the sales folks all told me how rare that model was. I let them know that I knew there were 20 within 75 miles. Thank goodness for the internet.

Chris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123