Used Tractor Values

/ Used Tractor Values #11  
Straight-line depreciation from 100% retail sale value to 25% retail sale value by the end of 15 years. Straight-line from 25% at 15 years to 15% at year 25. Approximately 15% of retail sale value from then on as long as it keeps running until it reached antique age at which time it depends on how many are still around and what the collector demand is.

If someone is putting less than 1200 hrs per year on it, go with the above figures. If someone is putting more than 1200 hrs per year on it; figure on 10% drop per 1200 hrs until it reaches 10 to 15% of retail sale value.

Figures are based on my recollection of replacement criteria for industrial and grounds tractors as outlined in Air Force Technical Order 36A-1-1301 and several years prowling the used tractor sites.

/ Used Tractor Values #12  
Ultimately, the value of anything (new or used) is determined by what the buyer is willing to pay. However, in the case of used, I have found that it helps to look at sites like craigslist or ebay to get a general idea of where to start with pricing. Local "trader papers" or similar publications can also be helpful.

Most buyers expect to be able to haggle to get a better deal, so I always price things a little higher (much like dealers do) than I am actually willing to take to compensate for the difference.

/ Used Tractor Values #13  
Anyone know if this is a good deal? 4x4 30 hp Kioti Tractor located in Maine and has 660 hours on it. The asking for the whole package is $14K

Here are the numbers.

2004 Kioti LK3054XS Tractor

Kioti KL1230 FEL

Kioti KB2375 Backhoe

Log splitter Split-fire 230

Meyers Snow blade for bucket

Homemade, 500 pound counterweight with multipoint hitch built into counterweight

Front wheel Chains

Titin tractor loader tires- rear 15x19.5 Front 25x8.50

Stored outside

Gary

Any input or advice would be appreciated

/ Used Tractor Values #14  
gdelius:

Sounds reasonable, but depends on what condition they're in.

I'm looking at a 2007, KIOTI, LK3054XS, 173 Hours, 30 hp, 4WD Drive, Ind. tires, Front End Loader selling for $11,500 U.S.

add the rest of the attachments:
Kioti KB2375 Backhoe - maybe $6000 new?
Log splitter Split-fire 230 - about $1000 for everything?
Meyers Snow blade for bucket - about $1000
Homemade 500 pound counterweight with multipoint hitch built into counterweight - $300?
Front wheel Chains - $200?

$14,000 sounds like a good ballpark. Make him a lower offer and see if he bites or not.

/ Used Tractor Values #15  
Dr_Zinj;

Thank you, your numbers work out about the same as mine. Planning to make the VERY long drive this weekend to take a look and decide for sure. Hate to leave money on the table, so will probably want to negotiate on years, hours and overall condition. Wouldn't want this one to get away if it is at all reasonable since this combination doesn't come along very often.

/ Used Tractor Values #16  
What is the value of a 2007 L4400 dt gear shift with 400 hours??

/ Used Tractor Values #17  
I've got a Hotline price guide that list's your tractor at $34,512 retail and $22,778 wholesale. These prices are set by Richie Brothers Auction service. A look at a few tractors that I'm more aware of their value tell me the prices in this book are anywhere from 10% high to 10% low on average.

Any chance you got a value on a 2015 Mahindra 4525? It's got 51 hours on it and I've got a 6' hog and a box blade. No front loader though. Thx.