incentives, deals, discounts...

/ incentives, deals, discounts... #1  

bigballer

Platinum Member
PNW - North Central bWashington - The Evergreen St
Tractor
2006 Kubota L3400
i know it seems retailers are frustrated because they are seeing more people buying lower priced items this holiday season and staying away from the more expensive things.. i know of at least 2 reasons that could be contributing to this but i am curious if this has carried over into the sales of tractors? are you finding tractor dealers more willing to throw in a few extras, give you a slightly lower price, or offer things they have never done before so they can make a sale? i am not talking about the standard 0%/36 but something more.. would love to hear from dealers as well..

/ incentives, deals, discounts... #2  
My dealer is selling stuff so fast, I don't think they have to throw in freebies. They are having a hard time keeping inventory.

D.

/ incentives, deals, discounts... #3  
Yea, we're swamped right now. Is been awhile before I can remeber a Nov/Dec thats been this busy. All the talking down of the economey does not seem to be true of my customers.

Buying a tractor is not like buying a car. There are fewer games and stupid incentives. Settle in on what you like and buy it.

/ incentives, deals, discounts... #4  
I told my dealer what I wanted, (Tractor, Loader, Toothbar, Boxblade, Loaded Tires) and we started talking numbers. Basically I paid his normal and what seemed fair price for the tractor and loader, and he gave me the toothbar and loading the tires for free, and cut me a deal on the boxblade. All in all I felt like it was a good deal.

/ incentives, deals, discounts... #5  
TimC said:
I told my dealer what I wanted, (Tractor, Loader, Toothbar, Boxblade, Loaded Tires) and we started talking numbers. Basically I paid his normal and what seemed fair price for the tractor and loader, and he gave me the toothbar and loading the tires for free, and cut me a deal on the boxblade. All in all I felt like it was a good deal.

I have found my dealer to be very straight forward and i have not had to mess with them too much on things. Remember, they don't make anything unless they sell something.

D.

/ incentives, deals, discounts... #6  
AGCO has been running instant rebates for the last couple months with 0% for 36. Now they have 0% for 60 months if you don't want the rebate. Doesn't get much better than free financing.
Around here there isn't much messing around on prices. You can sometimes get some little stuff thrown in but, it seems everyone is just too busy to call a hundred places to compare. Check around with the local dealers and pick who they like.

/ incentives, deals, discounts... #7  
Well I'm playing the waiting game but not to get a lower price on the tractor itself, I'm just waiting/hoping for better financing incentives. I know what I want (new holland tc40/45 with a cab and loader) and I can afford to by now but I don't have to have the tractor right now, so I'm holding out for cnh to lower the interest rates on new holland. If new holland had the same rate that case does this month ,2.9% for 72months, I'd have a tractor right now. I know the case is basically the same tractor but I like the new holland dealer better and I hate the case headlights! If I remember correctly early last year (march?) and for sure in june they were financing the tc40 for 0% for 60 months and 2.9% for up to 96 months! I wish I could have bought then but I was just not in a position finacially to do so. I know with my luck, if I bought today, next month they'd lower the rates and I'd be mad at myself for not waiting. I'd rather be spending my money on implements and options than a high interest rate. CNH changes their rates monthly so I'll see what the near future has to bring. With all the talk of the economy turning sour, increased/new competition from other brands, and up comming changes to the new holland compact line I've got my fingers crossed that they'll do something to move the current models. I know some dealers are moving tractors off their lots but a few local places (in michigan) have had the tractor I want sitting on their lots for pretty close to a year now. If they don't have any deals by april I'll just suck it up and take the higher rate, but until then I feel I can afford to wait. I guess waiting also allows me to save more money for my down payment money.

Last edited: