Which Tractor?

/ Which Tractor?
kozak said:
oops.....did'nt realize your in Australia. :eek:

Hope you stick around on TBN !!

What does "fairly gum studed" mean ?? :)

35 HP machine sounds like a good pick for what you want to do.

Vic

-Gum studed means there are gum trees scatered around the property,its a term used loosely here in Aus......do u want some pics?

/ Which Tractor? #12  
Minzi, excuse the ignorance, but "gum" refers to Eucalyptus, doesn't it? We have a bunch of different types here in California. If you don't mind my asking, what sorts of gum do you have at your place?

/ Which Tractor? #13  
I've never owned a Mahindra, but saw in the paper that they are the #3 tractor manufacuter in the world and have been winning awards on production quality.

/ Which Tractor? #14  
minzi said:
-Gum studed means there are gum trees scatered around the property,its a term used loosely here in Aus......do u want some pics?

S U R E. ....that would be great. Lets see what an Australian Ranch looks like. Make sure you get a kangaroo or 5 in the pic. :D A few platapus would also be nice. Not sure if I got the spelling right on that last one.

Vic

/ Which Tractor?
Riddler said:
Minzi, excuse the ignorance, but "gum" refers to Eucalyptus, doesn't it? We have a bunch of different types here in California. If you don't mind my asking, what sorts of gum do you have at your place?

:sure, your right they are (Eucalyptus) trees.we mainly have red gums on our place, and some ghost gums also,i have heard you have them in California, they would have been introduced? i think that there are hundreds of variates also:rolleyes: .

/ Which Tractor? #16  
Minzi, here in Northern California, we probably have a least a dozen different varieties of Eucalyptus, all introduced. When you say you have "red" gum on your place, is that the same as "red-flowering" gum (i.e., Eucalyptus ficifolia)? If so, that is one of the most showy gums we have here. The flowers are spectacular. Anyway, I will check to see which are the gums that are most common here.

In fact, back in the early 1900s, California embarked on an ill-conceived project to widely plant Eucalyptus for lumber production. It didn't take them long to figure out that the wood tends to be too brittle for most lumber uses and that each Eucalyptus grove they planted was an inferno waiting to happen.

These days, folks plant groves of gum as wind breaks, and individual specimens in decorative landscapes. Fast growth, drought resistance, beautiful silvery foliage and, sometimes, showy flowers, make them a great choice as an individual ornamental tree.

/ Which Tractor? #17  
As I understand it, forestry companies are now planting a hybrid Euc. that is used for flooring, furniture, etc. It's suppose to reach harvestable size in less than 10 years. Proported to become a big eco friendly product for the forestry industry.