Ag or Industrial Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Ag or Industrial Tires #1  

Waltert

Tractor
MX5100 HST
Hi All,
I just ordered L3400 Kubota today with a LA463 loader, which tires will be best for all around use , I spend time in the woods as well around my shop, snow removal ect, I am leaning towards the industrials ??
Walter t

/ Ag or Industrial Tires #3  
Waltert said:
Hi All,
I just ordered L3400 Kubota today with a LA463 loader, which tires will be best for all around use , I spend time in the woods as well around my shop, snow removal ect, I am leaning towards the industrials ??
Walter t

It's really hard to know without seeing your land and knowing what type of work you'll be doing with your tractor, but if you'll be spending more than ~20% of your time on paved driveways, roads & lawns, I'd go R-4's to save on tire wear, damage to pavement & lawns and improve handling. If all you're doing is plowing fields and working in soft soil with almost no pavement or lawn driving, go with R-1's.

/ Ag or Industrial Tires #5  
I got the Ags with my L3400. The salesman said the industrials will load up with snow. I don't know. My time is spent on soft dirt and snow where the Ags work well.

/ Ag or Industrial Tires #6  
Racer71 said:
I got the Ags with my L3400. The salesman said the industrials will load up with snow. I don't know. My time is spent on soft dirt and snow where the Ags work well.

I would debate your salesman's opinion. How could a R-4 tread with bars placed so far apart, and not very deep, either, "load up with snow"?

I guess it's possible, but mine don't load up with snow at all.

/ Ag or Industrial Tires #7  
I run R1's on all my tractors, which spend quite a bit of time in the woods as well as fields. Unless you spend a lot on time on finished lawns, I would go with R1's.

Andy

/ Ag or Industrial Tires #8  
I've got R4s on my L3400 and am happy with them.

I spend no time on lawns (yet). Might be a little bit if I am landscaping my front yard next spring.

I got them over R1s because I was worried about how much damage R1's might do to my pasture in the spring when it is wet. Most of my work is pasture, horse arena and snow blowing the gravel drive.

Traction in the snow is fine. However if if my land was less flat I would definately go with R1s.

One thing that sold me on the R4s was the salesman suggested that they were less prone to flats. I don't know if this is true or not but I bought it at the time.

If I were to do it again..... I'm not sure. I think I could just as easily have gone with R1s.

/ Ag or Industrial Tires #9  
Just a thought is the R4's are wider....This helps up front when doing loader work. Spreads the weight.

/ Ag or Industrial Tires #10  
I have R4s on my JD 4720 and R1s on my JD 5525. In mud - the R1s are the winner on a couple of levels. The R4s will fill up with mud and completely plug up the fenders to the point if I let it dry - we have a serious problem. The R1s are much bette at cleaning themselves.

The R4s are easier on the yard. R1s in dry don't present much of an issue on the yard, but the R4s are better. R1s are much better about not getting stuck - period.

D.

Status
Not open for further replies.