New Kioti vs used JD

/ New Kioti vs used JD #1  

helobubba

Last week I was all ready to purchase a used JD 770. After reading the responses to my earlier post "going green" I decided to keep looking. Well, I've found 2 more deals and this time I'm going to purchase one or the other. The two choices are a 1999 John Deere 790 w/ 160hrs or a new Kioti LK 3054. Both tractors are 30hp 4x4's and both have front end loaders. The JD also comes with a finishing mower, 4 in 1 bucket, and weight buckets. Here are the pros and cons of each. JD- weight 2105Lbs Kioti -2974Lbs
JD- hitch lift capacity 815Lbs Kioti 2150Lbs
JD- 25 PTO HP Kioti- 24 PTO HP
JD- brakes dry shoe Kioti- brakes wet disk
JD- Hydraulics 5.6 gpm Kioti- Hydraulics 7.0 gpm
All other specs are similar
The side by side comparison puts Kioti well ahead of the John Deere plus the Kioti is new and comes with a 2 yr warranty. I have dealerships equal distance from my home so that's a wash. The question I have for you forum friends is should I by the new tractor on the block Kioti or stick with the old faithful John Deere. Forgot to mention that the sale price on each tractor is $12,750.

/ New Kioti vs used JD #2  
I'm surprised you're even asking the question /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif. Unless the Kioti dealer is absolutely terrible, I can't imagine not going with the Kioti. And even then I might be tempted to buy it anyway. I wish I knew where you lived so I could get there to beat you to it /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif!! Good luck.

/ New Kioti vs used JD #3  
Go with the Kioti. The waranty alone makes it worth it. The Korean tractors are well made, there are quite a few happy Kioti owners on the forum.

/ New Kioti vs used JD #4  
I'd pick the Kioti. When I started my quest, I too considered used. I'm sure that there is a lot of good used stuff out there, but I've heard some kindof scary stories too. I'm not saying that there's anything necessarily wrong with the JD, but like you point out, there are a whole bunch of +'s in the Kioti's column.

/ New Kioti vs used JD #5  
I vote Kioti,,,, We have a JD 790 4x4 w/fel at work that I get to play on occaisionally. I had a my Kioti 3054 4x4 w/fel delivered on monday. Have played on it for just a few hrs but,,,,, It is Kioti hands down. Just my point of view. I also have an MF and a Long.

Attachments

• 46-124105-3Parked.JPG
    46-124105-3Parked.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 118
   / New Kioti vs used JD #6  
I also did this same comparison with Kioti L3504 to JD 790 and the Kubota L3000. All were the same price range. For me, the advantage clearly went to the Kioti when comparing specs. My last tractor, a Minneapolis Moline BG, had dry brakes and of course a "collar shift" transmission. There was no way I was going to spend my hard earned money on a tractor that was basicly the same as my 1952 Moline, only with 4 wheel drive. The Kioti's wet brakes and synchronized shuttle shift transmission easily won me over. I donated the old Moline to the local high schools AG department and haven't looked back.

/ New Kioti vs used JD
Thanks for all the responses. Looks like I'm going with the Kioti.

/ New Kioti vs used JD #9  
go kioti

/ New Kioti vs used JD #10  
Kioti - Kioti - Kioti, you will love it, When more people check out the specs, we will have more happy Kioti owners.