Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Live in Lower Hudson Valley Tractor used mostly in Central NY
    Tractor
    Sold the 4310 downsized to a JD 2320 - Purchased from K.C. Canary (HRT) in Fultonville, NY

Default Re: Where do you get the pictures?

Wow it worked... thanks for your help... (now how do I add a backhoe?)

Now if I only had the real thing! 3 weeks and counting!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L1-20 DT

Mike

U R the signature man.

Harv may be the guru, but you are the signature man.

Mine still looks as good as new [img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Cheers

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD425 lawn tractor; JD4710 CUT; JD JX75 Walk Behind

Harv,

What kind of web servers are available for TBNers to access for the purpose of browsing through this wide assortment of signatures? Furthermore, what kind of software does one use if choosing to manufature one's own?

Bob

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    B7500HSD

<font color=blue>...what kind of software...</font color=blue>

I just used MS Paint in Windows 2000.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

Thanks, Neil. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

<font color=blue>Furthermore, what kind of software does one use if choosing to manufature one's own?</font color=blue>

I use MS Image Composer, MS Paint and Ulead's GIF Animator.

California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills
    Tractor
    Kubota L2500DT Standard Transmission

<font color=blue>What kind of web servers are available for TBNers to access for the purpose of browsing through this wide assortment of signatures?</font color=blue>

The signature picts are scattered hither and yon, not really available for "browsing". While some of us have our own servers or at least have space on a web server somewhere, the vast majority simply use TBN as the host for their li'l graphic files.

If you want to roll your own pict, just get hold of some doodling software, as some have already mentioned here, and have at it. I'm a Macintosh kinda guy, and I used Adobe Photoshop for such things, but that's way overkill for what you need. There's plenty of shareware available, and many products (scanners, digital cameras, etc.) have good software bundled with them.

An easy (and acceptable) way to get started is to "borrow" someone else's signature and hack on it to make something that is personally suited to yourself. You might want to ask permission from whoever you are borrowing from, but I believe most folks on this board are pretty easy going about it. If you look closely, there's a number of sigs out there that bear some resemblance to my own.

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

pay attention to HARV, he knows a lot about computers and sigs. he gave me the details for my sig, altho i just borrowd a photo from the USAF. I HAVE NOT GOTTEN AROUND TO (as harv calls it) doodeling my own graphic. i find it dificult to doodel a straight line with a ruler.[img]/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif[/img]

Tractor
    PT2445 and PT1850

Harv, at the risk of being presumptious, having not yet even conversed, could I ask for assistance....I've only been a member for a blink of an eye, but already convinced this is a group to hang with longer term....so a sig seems a must.

Here I sit, tractorless, but with dreams and drool....how do I construct an outline of a tractor with a question mark on it, headed up the side of a mountain, overlaid on the head of a bear (or perhaps chased by a bear)? (Our property is called the Bearpen). Any thoughts?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    None -yet. Until then FunBuggy (EZ-Go) will have to do!

Harv,

Have you seen Bird's New signature yet? There's a post of his in the thread titled Price Check B2710 in this forum. It's pretty cool, but will take a little getting used to!

By the way, thanks for the help with creating signatures. I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img].

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast