Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    PT2445 and PT1850

Default Re: Where do you get the pictures?

Ok, once you have it made, how do you post it, assuming you don't have a server of your own?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    None -yet. Until then FunBuggy (EZ-Go) will have to do!

Well, I don't want to step on Harv's toes, but since I figured it out based on his instructions, I'll explain how I did it.

First, I found an image I liked and copied it to Microsoft Photo Editor. I made sure the image was either a JPG or a GIF file. In Microsoft Photo Editor, I made the image smaller through trial and error. Once I was happy with that, I went to the Signatures thread (you can go to any thread you want to) and clicked on reply to a message (it can be any message). I typed in Image Test in the topic name box, and then clicked the continue button. This is where you attach your image to the message by using the browse button, so you need to know exactly where your image was saved. Once you've attached the image, click continue to send the reply. You'll see your Image Test reply posted with the word "attachment" below your name, but you will not see your image on the message. You can click on the word "attachment" if you want see your image, which you should do. Now, with the image showing, right click on the image. The properties box opens up and you'll see something like www.tarctorbynet.com/forumfiles/*****. This is the URL location for the image that you attached to the reply. Highlight the entire URL and then right click on it so a box opens that says copy in it. Click on the word copy and then go to the Control Panel and open (edit) your personal information section. In your signature box, put the curser at the end (to the right) of whatever text is already there, and right click and then click the word paste. The URL should appear there now. Now go to the beginning of the URL and type in [image], then go to the end of the URL and type in [/image]. Now you should be able to leave the control panel and go back to the reply message you sent. Reply to your own message, and when you post it, the signature with the new image should be there. It may take a try or two, but you should get it. Remember, you can also preview these things as you go along to see how they're going.

I hope this works for you. Good luck.

P.S. Harv, did I do O.K.??

Tractor
    PT2445 and PT1850

Default Re: Where do you get the pictures? *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by wasabi

Elite Member
    Tractor

I think you're halfway there [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]! All I could see was the box with a red X in it. Now you need to paste the URL into your signature box and you should have it.

Tractor
    PT2445 and PT1850

Yea, I had it, but went back to delete posted clutter...totrying to be too this morning...now for the attachment, then the sig paste, then another post. Thanks for the quidance!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    PT2445 and PT1850

testing again

Elite Member
    Tractor

Hey, you got it!! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif[/img] Nice sig. You created that yourself, huh??[img]/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif[/img] What did you use to create it?

Tractor
    PT2445 and PT1850

Thanks. At first I opened Corel Draw, thinking that would be the way to go, but it is too bloody complicated for me....then I reverted to my old standby, believe it or not, MS Word, which I have become familiar with and, yes, can actually be used for simple image creation ....I quickly searched and downloaded a few clips from public files...dropped them into text boxes, sized and moved them around a bit, got up to get some more coffee, then grouped them all together, exported the combined image back into Corel to downsize it from 24 to 8 colors and saved it as a JPEG. The hard part was following the breadcrumbs to get it up and running. Couldn't have done it without your help!

Elite Member
    Tractor

Hey, my pleasure [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]! Like I said, I couldn't have done it without Harv's help. That's what's so great about TBN. We're just one, big, happy family [img]/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif[/img]!! Can we all say <font color=red>Warm and Fuzzy</font color=red>??

California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills
    Tractor
    Kubota L2500DT Standard Transmission

<font color=blue>couldn't have done it without Harv's help</font color=blue>

Yikes! I crawl outa bed, log onto TBN and find out I've been helping people in my sleep. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

You couldn't possibly step on my toes on this forum, Garry. We're all in it together.

<font color=blue>Have you seen Bird's New signature yet?</font color=blue>

Yep. Seems kinda up in air, don't he? [img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Like he's looking for a new place to land.

Wasabi -
    You whipped up a better sig pict than I could have, so maybe it's better that I'm on the west coast and don't get up until all the work is done by the east coasters.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast