Price Check Price Check - B2710HSD

/ Price Check - B2710HSD #1  

careyb

Tractor
B2710 w LA402 as of 3/29/02
With LA402 FEL, Bush Hog RDTH60 finish mower, Rhino SE5 (used- like new)field mower, Box blade, R4 tires, delivered. $17,500.

Am I close? Kubota has 5.49% financing for 60 mo. til friday. This was a little more tractor than I was originally looking for (see Northern Tractor thread) but between lurking on this board and the fact thay my wife said "wow, that sounds like a nice one" I think I'm on the right track. Just want to get the warm fuzzies on the price. They will deliver it Friday if I sign today.

Thanks guys.

/ Price Check - B2710HSD #2  
I think that's about as good a deal as you'll find, Carey, buy it. I don't think you'd ever regret it. I know the tractor and finish mower are good, and the Rhino brush hog has a good reputation.

/ Price Check - B2710HSD
Bird,
Thanks - I think you probably know how much I value that particular appraisal. If you come by town give me a yell, I'd love to invite you over for coffee or a soft drink. You could give me some pointers.

Do you still have yours?

Best of luck
Carey

/ Price Check - B2710HSD #4  
I'm with Bird on this one... a very good price on a very good package. You'll probably have a tough time finding a better price on a new machine.

Hey... you'll have it for the weekend! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Price Check - B2710HSD #5  
Carey,

Are you buying in Daniel in Frisco or Deen in Forney (or Zimmerer)?
I don't have an opinion of one over the other, just curious.

/ Price Check - B2710HSD #6  
<font color=blue>Do you still have yours?</font color=blue>

Nope, not since about 10 o'clock this morning./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Price Check - B2710HSD
Bill,
Its actually from Zimmerer. He was a fair amount lower than the others and seems nice enough. I'll know have a better feel after they deliver on Friday and an even better feel the first time something goes wrong or I have a question.

I'll tell you this though, I talked to Jeff Deen at Deen Implements and George at Pittsburgh Tractors and I wouldn't hesitate to give either one of 'em my business. Both were extremely helpful (as was Mike at Zimmerer).

For some reason I never did talk to anyone at Daniel, I just missed them whenever I pulled up dealer lists - I may have confused it with Deen in my excitement.

/ Price Check - B2710HSD #8  
Carey, maybe things have changed since Zimmerer moved into their new facility in Irving. In '95, they were next to the highest on price of the 4 dealers I talked to, but they were nice folks to talk to, and they do have a reputation for good service.

/ Price Check - B2710HSD
Wow, Bird and Muhammad BOTH blessed the price! That definitely increases the comfort level. I could sleep well tonite, except that I'm too keyed up waiting for the tractor to be delivered.

Bird, I don't know whats changed or which dealers you talked to (I missed Daniels somehow, got 3 more around Dallas, 1 in Pittsburg, 2 in Houston) Zimmerer was the best on my intial request for a quote and also when I went back for round two. Amazingly, there was a $200 spread in box blades, and a $350 spread in rough mowers! The finishing mowers were all fairly close, the tractors+tires had a $600 spread between the highest & lowest. I'm not the fiercest wheeler/dealer around. I expect some people on this board could've gone back and gotten the lowest price on every single piece and come up with a slightly better deal, but like I said above - if you two think I did alright I'm pretty comfortable with it.

Remember what I said about the right one coming at the right time (for you & me both!)

/ Price Check - B2710HSD #10  
Carey, I probably should not have said anything about Zimmerer being higher priced. It's just that when I visited in '95 about B7100s, the salesman tried to sell me a rental unit with 800 hours on it that looked good, but he was barely under the price of a new one. And after visiting 3 other dealers and making up my mind exactly what I wanted, I didn't try to "negotiate" with any of them, or tell any of them what prices I got from the others. I simply called all four, told them exactly what I wanted, and asked what was the best price they could give me, and I bought from the one who offered the lowest price, which was in Waco. The Waxahachie dealer had also given me a price lower than Zimmerer. Of course, I would expect Zimmerer to have higher overhead (that's quite facility they have in the new place), but I also suspect they do a larger volume of business than the others. So I think you not only got a good price, but a good dealer, too.