Kubota 7040 or Branson 6530?

/ Kubota 7040 or Branson 6530? #1  

nathan812

I looking to buy one of the two tractors this spring sometime. I have priced both units with the Branson coming in almost 8,000 cheaper than the Kubota. For that much difference I could buy the backhoe attachment for the Branson. The power rating are pretty close on both models with the Branson edging out the Kubota with features. Branson dealer is closer and was alot more helpful when I talked to them. What do you guys know on these tractors? Any common problems need to look for etc. etc. ? Thanks Nathan

/ Kubota 7040 or Branson 6530? #2  
nathan812 said:
I looking to buy one of the two tractors this spring sometime. I have priced both units with the Branson coming in almost 8,000 cheaper than the Kubota. For that much difference I could buy the backhoe attachment for the Branson. The power rating are pretty close on both models with the Branson edging out the Kubota with features. Branson dealer is closer and was alot more helpful when I talked to them. What do you guys know on these tractors? Any common problems need to look for etc. etc. ? Thanks Nathan

I've had 3 Kubotas. Only one had a few problems, but I bought it used.

I'm sure Branson makes a seviceable machine, but you'll rarely catch a commercial user trying to rely on one to make a living.

In car-speak, think you're comparing a Acura to a Hyundai.

I think the difference in the attitude of the dealers is because Kubota knows they make a great tractor that basically sells itself on a reputation for selling great tractors here in the US for 40 years. The other guys have to be great salesmen to convince you to buy a "lesser" tractor. You aren't buying a friendly salesman, you're buying a tractor.

Check resale value, too. I bet Kubota holds it a lot better. ;)

/ Kubota 7040 or Branson 6530? #3  
That Branson is more comparible to the M6040. 55 hp vs 57. The 7040 has 62 pto hp.

The Branson is physically a heavier machine. That may be nice for a lot of reasons.

Which machine seems to feel more natural to you? That's probably the one to get.

jbg

/ Kubota 7040 or Branson 6530?
My family has had numerous kubota tractors not any of them very large mostly in the 20-30 horsepower range. To me they all seem a little light for hard work. We have never had any problems out of any tractors we had which is more than just kubota tractors. I am leaning toward the Branson just because of the heavier weight and better value for the money deal. I also like the Cummins motor in the 65 horse tractor. Have a dodge 3500 and really like the motor. Hard to swallow 8000 dollar difference for some orange paint. I remember everyone used to say the same about Kubota as they say about Branson now. Just depends on who you listen to.

/ Kubota 7040 or Branson 6530? #5  
nathan812 said:
My family has had numerous kubota tractors not any of them very large mostly in the 20-30 horsepower range. To me they all seem a little light for hard work. We have never had any problems out of any tractors we had which is more than just kubota tractors. I am leaning toward the Branson just because of the heavier weight and better value for the money deal. I also like the Cummins motor in the 65 horse tractor. Have a dodge 3500 and really like the motor. Hard to swallow 8000 dollar difference for some orange paint. I remember everyone used to say the same about Kubota as they say about Branson now. Just depends on who you listen to.

With all due respect, it's not $8,000 more "just for orange paint". I realize $8,000 is a lot of money, but you're getting a higher quality machine with a better reputation that's been used commercially for almost 100 years worldwide. Can "Branson" claim that? Not hardly.

Wheel weights or filled tires are a simple solution to any lack of weight between the 2 models.

Hey, it's your money and if it's going to be used lightly-moderately and resale value is of no importance, then go with Branson. I use my stuff to make a living, and there's no way the flavor of the year tractor with limited dealers, parts and service could work for me. I think there's a strong chance Branson becomes another "hesston", "Belarus" etc.

/ Kubota 7040 or Branson 6530? #6  
I have a Branson 4220i. It was thousands cheaper than the other brands. My tractor is heavier than others in the same horse power range. I am very pleased with my choice.

/ Kubota 7040 or Branson 6530?
I know Kubota has a good rep. I am not saying that at all but when you look at what comes standard on the Branson and what you have to pay extra on the Kubota it just doesn't add up. I am not trying to step on any toes or offend anyone. When you look at the specs of both machines they are pretty close to the same. The resale value is a good point but when you pay less for a tractor use it for 10-15 years the resale evens out in the long run. Thats like saying buy a harley because of the resale, if I want to invest my money I will go the money market way. I am buying this tractor to take care of 400 acres, mow, plant food crops, build fence, blade roads, fix roads, and generally fix the place up. Thanks for the input and I look foward to more discussions on this. Thanks. Nathan

/ Kubota 7040 or Branson 6530? #8  
I second Builder, go with the tried-and-true. Branson, I am sure, is a lot of machine for the money, but there is a distinct quality difference, not just paint.

/ Kubota 7040 or Branson 6530? #9  
davitk said:
I second Builder, go with the tried-and-true. Branson, I am sure, is a lot of machine for the money, but there is a distinct quality difference, not just paint.

Perhaps you or Builder could define the differences in quality specifically. I agree that a Japanese unit (car or tractor) generally holds a slight edge in quality over S. Korean, but you can put them side by side and it is hard to define. Kubota has a great reputation, I'm not arguing that, but a Branson isn't a Belarus by any means. If you have a local Branson dealer, take a good look at the Branson and tell me where it falls short.

I think Branson's shortcoming is it's short history in the USA and the fact that it's dealer network is younger. Some of the dealers aren't as experienced and lack facilities. But, you have to start somewhere.

To the original poster, don't shy away from the Branson. It's a great machine. You won't see a Kubota or Caterpillar dealer without a parts and service department either, and that is because all machines need service and occasionally have issues....no matter the brand.

/ Kubota 7040 or Branson 6530? #10  
I guess it all comes down to preference. I prefer a company with an outstanding reputation for quality over one that has a little-known reputation. I like higher resale value. I know I'll get more money back when the time comes to trade.

I really can't give you exact side by side details on which tractor is better component by component, but Kubota sure sells a lot of tractor diesels used in other brands of equipment. I would also bet Kubota has a 100 to 1 advantage on commercially used tractors to Branson. That tells me something important about reputation and quality. It tells me a lot of people are willing to pay more money for quality, reputation and resale.

That's just my opinion and the OP was looking for opinions. It sounds like Branson fits the OP better because he'll have more money to spend on implemements.

I wish him the best of luck no matter what he buys! :)