CNH T1030 v. BX2350 v. JD2305

/ CNH T1030 v. BX2350 v. JD2305 #11  
jcaledon:

Nice to see more Canucks on board!

I have heard good things about Ed Stewarts. I know someone who bought his Kubota there some 20 years ago.

You might also consider checking out Earth Power Equipment

They are located in Stayner and Meaford. I know someone who has a tractor from them in Meaford and has been very happy with the service.

Good to hear that Green Tractors is a good place to deal with. I haven't had too much luck with nearby JD dealers. If I ever think about switching brands I will check them out. The are no more than 45-50 min from me.

Wayne Church from Church's Farm Supplies also seemed like a very good guy to deal with when I talked to him.

Good luck in your quest.

/ CNH T1030 v. BX2350 v. JD2305 #12  
Out of curiousity, where is Green Tractors located. ( I don't believe he is in Orangeville(I think they are Tractor Turf and Trail?)). I thought I knew all the JD dealers nearby and they don't ring a bell.
Have you narrowed down the search yet? Other than "the young buck" we came across, I imagine Stewart's would be a good dealer if you go Orange or Blue. They have been around for quite a long time for certain, as the old('76) Case 444 I bought a couple years ago had his sticker on it.
Have fun huntin'.

/ CNH T1030 v. BX2350 v. JD2305 #13  
Green Tractors is in the Nobleton area. Believe they are at the intersection of King Sdrd and 10th concession.

/ CNH T1030 v. BX2350 v. JD2305 #14  
Something things to consider with this purchase are the ease with which you can mount/dismount the MMM, loader, and 3PH implememts. Last year I bought a 2305 w/200cx and 62"MMM and cannot overstate it's quality and abilities. The loader comes off from the seat and parks itself once you back up and all you do is DC the hydraulic lines. The MMM comes off in 60 seconds. I can go from small chores with the loader to mowing in a few minutes. When I bought the 2305, I was already married to a Kubota L3830 and found the loader, BH, and some other features to be frustrating to mount/dismount. I have not owned a BX...heard and read good things about it, but cannot provide an opinion. However, I give that little 2305 a standing ovation. If I were to pick it's weakness, I would say it's 3PH does not have position control, but I have worked around this...and it has limited ground clearance with an exposed oil filter. Keep in mind, people ***** about where the oil filter is on the 2305 because it is vulnerable...but then people gripe when they can't get to the oil filter to change it. In this respect, I say thumbs up to the 2305 for easy oil/filter changes...just be cautious when you are in the rough. Regarding paint, my Kubota faded a lot in limited outdoor exposure in 3 years...in Vermont no less. Big disappointment...but these things are tools and meant to work. Before you buy, check each unit for it's ease of use, dealer friendliness, personal ergonomics and comfort, etc. Don't sweat it if one costs more than another unless your budget is tight...get the one that you want from the dealer you like. Also check the Kubota, NH, and JD threads for others who are buying/operating the ones you're considering. You can get a lot of info on the little things that you can't learn with a trip to the dealer. Enjoy your ride. (As far as the NH goes, don't have any info to share.)

/ CNH T1030 v. BX2350 v. JD2305 #15  
I agree with engine66 I had a 2210 for 2 1/2 yrs and now a 2305 for appx 6mo
removing the fel, mmm or bh very simple and easy. I agree with the ease of changing the filter under the tractor . Yes you have to be aware the filter and fan blade is there. I cann't say about the paint on JD is any better than the others because I'm lucky to park my inside.
I have been very surprised on the different things I have been able to do with both of these tractors. I had a JD425 gas and what a difference the 4x4 and diesel has made.
I'm sure what ever you buy , you will be happy

/ CNH T1030 v. BX2350 v. JD2305 #16  
My cousin has a lawn care business and he and his employees run the BX very hard and it has held up well so far. I have also noticed Kubota M series tractors on the dealers lot with fading paint especially on the the rims.

/ CNH T1030 v. BX2350 v. JD2305
Hydrovane218,

Green Tractors is in Nobleton, as Canoetrpr mentioned. The salesman there was very good to deal with. When I went in to see them, the salesman really went over the tractor with me, including demonstrating the ease of taking the FEL on and off etc. He then emailed me a quote (very professional looking document), with a substantial discount off list (Deere really reduced their prices in November because of the Canadian dollar, to the point where it doesn't make sense to cross the boarder to buy in the U.S. any more). They were very fair - although it should be noted that I did tell him that I was off to see my local Kubota dealer that same afternoon, to compare the BX to the 2305. The 2305 fit me a little better than the BX - the single peddle design doesn't really work for me, although I suppose I could get used to it. Call me picky, but the faded orange paint really turned me off the Kubota. I know that the BX is a quality machine - but it just didn't look it when I saw them on the lot. I would just have to buy foldable ROPS for the Deere to get it in my shed, whereas the BX fits without them. If not for the fading paint issue, I would call it even between the BX and 2305. I'm leaning towards the Deere.

The New Holland T1030 has standard foldable ROPS, the peddle design of the 2305, with features that the 2305 is missing. It also feels more stable than the 2305. But I haven't heard from anyone who has seen this machine, or knows anything about it. The details are posted on New Holland's web site. The dealer only had TZs on the lot. So I'm hoping to hear some opinions on the T1030 from people in the know.

I would take the 2305 over the BX and the TZ25. But the new engine, foldable rops, and general clean up of the seat issue, and other improvements, would sway me over to the T1030 - assuming that there aren't any issues that I don't know about.

Anyone seen the NH T1030????

/ CNH T1030 v. BX2350 v. JD2305 #18  
I did stop by Green Tractors then, about a year ago, but thought they were Nobleton Farm Supply for some reason. I actually bought my Stihl saw there shortly after looking at tractors. I found the sales guy there was helpful & not pushy despite me not intending to buy soon.(which is why I went by on the way home a few months later and bought the saw there. I also bought some spare blades for my L120 there.)
I am not one to comment about the details of the other units you are looking at as I am/wasn't in the market for that size of a machine. I think you would be fine with any but it is sounding like you are past the teetering point in making up your mind. The one thing that sways most of my tool purchases these days is quality of service/dealers and the number of them.(Part of the reason I went with a Stihl instead of Husqvuarna and Deere vs. any other) In the area we are in(Caledon, Brampton Mississauga etc.), like we have been mentioning, there are at least 5 JD dealers within 30 minutes, all of which(except for Elmira in the Erin area) I have been to and have had a good impression of.
When are you thinking of biting the proverbial bullet?(or do you know?) I am curious as to how things will turn out. Good Luck!

/ CNH T1030 v. BX2350 v. JD2305 #19  
I started looking for a compact tractor a few months ago myself. My first choice was J.D. I was looking at the 2305 also but thought it would be too small for my needs. I will be using it mostly for doing firewood, blowing snow and maintaining my property. I have a lakefront property with a few acres of bush. I also looked at the 2320 & 2520. I've done business with Green Trackors in Nobleton and found them to be very good to deal with.
One day I was driving past a Kubota dealer and decided to have a look. To make a long story short I ended up with a Kubota B2630. The main reason I purchased Kubota was the positive feedback from two of my friends that own Kubota's. Another reason was price. I told the Kubota dealer that I was probably going to purchase J.D. I was about 99% sure at this point. He never gave up and was very aggressive with pricing. He offered me a deal I couldn't refuse.
I've used the tractor for about 4 weeks now & absolutely love it. Very inexpensive to operate and very powerful for its size. I had a few restless nights after signing the deal but now that I have the tractor I'm very happy. I'm sure I would have been with John Deere also. I think you will be happy with any of the makes you're looking at. I think it is important to take your time to find something that meets your needs and is comfortable for you to operate. It is also very important to find a good dealer. Good luck.

/ CNH T1030 v. BX2350 v. JD2305 #20  
kubota2630: You sound like you are in our part of southern Ontario. Who is your Kubota dealer? Sounds like they were pretty good with you on the sale.